Gold Nugget?

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
Bearkiller
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Gold Nugget?

Postby Bearkiller » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Any one ever heard of this dog? I recently got my first cur and she's got this dog about 800 times :lol: in her papers. Seems like maybe he was an important dog. Anyway, I like the way this dog acts so I was wondering if this behaviour is common in these dogs.
Don't buy the hype.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
DirtAddict
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Gold Nugget?

Postby DirtAddict » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Gold Nugget is one of the original foundation stock of the mountain view cur. I don't have any first hand experience with these particular dogs, just what I came across when researching Mountain Cur lines for big game.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/mountainviewcur.htm

"The Mountain View Curs were developed by many years and generations of strict selection and line breedings starting with a strain of Original Mountain Cur. They are named after the kennel name (Mountain View) of the original breeders Michael J. and Marie A. Bloodgood, who developed the breed in the late 80’s in an effort to own curs that could hunt and be outstanding hounds, but would handle much better. "

..."The search for curs that could fit this bill, proved to be a difficult and challenging task. They tried 56 Original Mountain Curs, only finding 6 that they considered to be top tree dogs. They found that 4 of the 6 were of a certain ancestry and were better reproducers. So they concentrated on these 4 registered Original Mt. Curs: three females and one young male. One female was removed from the breeding later because she produced ill-tempered male pups, and another female was removed because her pups lacked brains and ability, leaving one exceptional female (Mtn. View Dance) and one exceptional male ( Mtn. View Gold Nugget) for the foundation of the Mountain View Curs."
DC DOGGIN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DC DOGGIN » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Good info dirt addict.
DRY CREEK KENNELS!!
skeets
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby skeets » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:42 am

robert kemmer owned gold nugget. hes in the omcba hall of fame and the kemmer hall of fame.
plottpappaw
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby plottpappaw » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 am

i have a kemmer female that has 28 hall of fame dogs in her ped and nugget shows up 7 times. then both my original mountain curs are nugget bred on bottom he shows up 4 times in their bottom side.
eph 2:8-9
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:49 am

Heavy Gold Nuggett bred dogs usually have a colder nose than most Mountain Curs. I like a little Nuggett in my dogs and all mine have it. One is about 3/4 Gold Nuggett and she is a good hog dog, hunts hard and catches coon on the ground but will not tree.
plottpappaw
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby plottpappaw » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:33 pm

my female sounds like yours but she will tree.
reklaw

Postby reklaw » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Anthony, if you do not get the info your looking for give me a call ands I will hook you up with Scott and he will tell you more than you need to know. LOL all those Kemmers he tried had that dog in the papers I am sure. Take it to texas with you and try it out.
plottpappaw
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby plottpappaw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 am

the best answer i have is this all of my curs have nugget in them and i think very highly of them and their abilities. the ones i have seen with nugget in them have been nice lil dogs with alot of hunt in them.
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 am

Anything you want to know about these dogs can be answered in great detail by going to the Kemmer website.
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 am

Google "all things kemmer" and it will come up. You have to register to join and talk to them.
Rusty Hill
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Rusty Hill » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Reuben
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Reuben » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:16 pm

This is an old thread but will give my two cents...Micheal bloodgoods Mountain View Gold Nugget was a Kemmer gold nugget bred dog and he was a looker...

Kemmers Gold Nugget produced cold nosed track driving dogs with lots of hunt...many were large dogs that also excelled in long range winding...they would stick with it for hours until the job was done...many of these dogs will grab a hock or ham on a running Hog to stop them and then go to baying...some of these dogs are catchy type dogs that will latch on to an ear with a little help...these dogs will get out and hunt...

The thing is like with any other breed...Gold Nugget has been gone for many years now...and not all breeders have the same breeding standards and culling discipline...
Colby
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Colby » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Return to “Cur Dogsâ€