Big Game Leopards?

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
BCbluetick
Facebook ID: 0

Big Game Leopards?

Postby BCbluetick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Just wondering if anyone is breeding a good line of big game leopard curs, particularly for bear and lion. I'm in BC so the closer the better. If anyone has some info that would be great. Tyler
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Big Game Leopards?

Postby david » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Randy Oller "grey fox" is in Northern California and had an aggressive breeding program for many years. He was a bear hunter, but hunted cats when the Bears were asleep. These dogs were Strict McDuffie bred.

Dewey Walton is in central western Oregon. He has Wayne Hensley blood from Virginia/North Carolina. Dewey hunts cat. Wayne and his father before him raised these leopards for bear. Their blood was from Rex Bowers who was primarily a coon hunter. I have never known Dewey to raise a litter of pure leopards, but you could talk to him about it.
It would be a good thing for the breed and for the region.

I don't know if Randy would breed a McDuffie stud to Deweys Hensley female. But that would be some big game dogs.
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby SASS » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:09 am

I just picked up a new pup from Randy Oller and I already own a 2 year old female. He has a waiting list for pups but there are other people out there with similar blood or dogs directly down from his.

Here is a link to some other good dogmen http://americanleopardcur.com/Breedersindex.html I know that Randy Oller told me Jimmy Popham has a hell of a male right now I think he said his name was Joe, I know Randy was really wanting to breed to him so that says a lot right there, Mr. Popham might have something on the ground or planned with him. I know of a real deal bear hunter I mean hunts all the time, who just had a really nice litter but he is in the Northeast which would prob be further away than you would want.

Good luck in your search hope you can find what you are looking for.
GCLeps
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby GCLeps » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Do your homework and you'll find some they're out there.
Home of Glade Creek Leopards
ALBA Hall of Fame/UKC Nite Ch.Glade Creek Newt
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby SASS » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:33 am

Return to “Cur Dogs”