Ousda members and or residents acting as "agents" sound off

jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1654317690

Ousda members and or residents acting as "agents" sound off

Postby jcathunter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Id like to hear from all Oregon residents only and OUSDA members that are acting either as individual agents or usda agents and running cougars with hounds and/or trapping them.
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Ousda members and or residents acting as "agents" sound

Postby jcathunter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Cmon now guys I know you are out there.
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:31 pm

I know several of them they are smart good hound men that can play by the rules, work well with people, keep their mouth shut and have no game violations. They just don't use anybody. How about you do you think you would qualify? Dewey
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby jcathunter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Been there, done that so to answer your question, yes I would but my personal ethics would never allow me to. :) Im curious as to why no names have popped up, yet?
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby jcathunter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Id also like to ask what the qualifications are to be an agent of a landowner? You say not just anyone can do it. Who is excluded?
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Most any one can be a landowner agent. Totally different than a agent for ODFW. Dewey
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby jcathunter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Yes, I know. I asked a broad question as to who will admit to doing EITHER? To be more clear about myself, I have been an agent of a landowner, I have registered through odfw for nuisance animal control and acted, and I have done volunteer work with USDA wildlife services. I have also done bear work in WA. Does that answer your questions about me, Dewey? Fortunately, I learned from my mistakes.
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby not color blind » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:38 am

Dewey, are you doing both?
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 am

I have never killed a cougar or bear on a damage complaint or worked for the ODFW. I have been their when others have on livestock kills. Dewey
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby jcathunter » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am

Have you done this within the last five years, Dewey? Do you feel that doing so benefits our efforts to get our hound hunting back? If so, how?
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:13 am

I have not done any take with my dogs. I don't run cougar or bear. I have been with others twice in the last 8 years on cougar kills at friends or relative on livestock kills.The studies and documentation from kills gives us useful information that would be helpful if we were dealing with a realistic public. We need the science and documentation to prove the need for cougar control by sport hunters. Being a livestock owner in the past and seeing the damage that has been done we need more control for the livestock owners and deer and elk herds from cougar,bears and wolves. Dewey
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:27 am

I don't know about Oregon but in California we are currently working on exposing every houndsmen that are listed on the depredation permits (this was always required and when SB 1221 was written it was also included as a requirement) we can get this under the Public Records Act (which is California’s version of FOIA-Freedom of information act; FOIA does not apply to state government) the plan is to out these TRAITORS AND BACKSTABBERS!
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby jcathunter » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:02 am

I agree with you 100% Dale T but this brings me to ask why is it so hard to find out who these guys are if they are not ashamed of what they are doing. I proudly admit that I am a houndhunter. I also will not do something that I wont stand up and admit. Dont get me wrong, I have wronged people in my life and I have hurt friends. I am very sorry and ashamed for doing so but I also do not hide it. My point is that those that are acting as agents always seem to try and justify their actions when confronted yet they also dont seem to want anyone to know what they are doing. How can their justification be valid if they are acting as though they are ashamed?
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:14 am

That is what has gotten me these guy's are willing to do this backstabbing but are not man enough to stand up and tell the truth about what they are doing to us.
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 am

How are these guys backstabbing. They are just doing a job that needs to be done. It will not get your cougar hunting back by attacking these people. YOU JUST GOT TO WONDER WHY IT WAS SO EASY TO DIVIDE THE HUNTERS AND TURN THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER. NOT. You guys act like a bunch of jealous kids. They got to be laughing at us. You are doing most of their work, making their job easier. Grow up and put your energy where it will do some good.Just my opinion and I am sticking to it. Dewey

Return to “Oregon”