Hey lynxhunter

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
mountain top
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Hey lynxhunter

Postby mountain top » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm

hey lynxhunter, how's the cat huntn' been this year? Love reading your stories from across the pond!
Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hey lynxhunter

Postby Lynxhunter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 am

Sorry for the late answer. Havent been much on here lately.

Cat hunting is kind of in a low. We put a hurtin on the population 2 years ago and they havent got back to how the numbers were, yet. - So tracks are few and far between.
Ran some cats before killseason started, but conditions were bad. The cats sank in 1 inch while Pacs sunk 20-25 inches..... Hard to put preassure on them with one hound when it's like that.
Ran one friday 10 days ago, under better conditions. It sadly didnt have enough preassure on it in the beginning of the race, so the cat left for the mountains. Hard for the hound on top, because of a super hard crust and strong winds. The scent blew away, but Pacs managed to get back on it and pushed it into a rockpile. It got dark before I got there, so I dint get a chance to dig it out of there. I was a pretty nice cat and somewhat good houndwork, so I would have taken it if I had gotten the chance, but then again, with it alive I can run it another day.

Hans
"I'd like to tell you 'bout a known bunch of foxhounds I've got. Ol' Rain, ol' Tiger n' ol' Rover. When we started out 'cross them Georgia hills huntin' them foxes, it sounded somethin' like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syc3jKGffHQ"

Shorty Medlocke

Return to “Majestic Hounds”