Bloodhound Breeder

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
lvanlanen
Facebook ID: 0

Bloodhound Breeder

Postby lvanlanen » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:10 am

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a bloodhound breeder, one that breeds bloodhounds for nothing but hunting. A true and tried hunting bloodhound breed. I live in the midwest, Wisconsin, but would be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the country for a good dog. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks!
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Bloodhound Breeder

Postby pegleg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:20 pm

First I can't be very helpful. Second I've only seen a few breeders that hunt bloodhound. And finally what is it your looking for by selecting bloodhound?
lvanlanen

Postby lvanlanen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm just looking to try and hunt with one. I've heard great stories about them if you keep them in shape and find one that will hunt. So I'm curious if anyone's has any idea of where I might look to find one.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:11 am

Overseas. There are some packs still used in a functional capacity. There's of course majestics and BnT dogs here that probably more closely meet your expectations then a bloodhound . I have seen a few individual bloodhound that might work but so far as a breeder or line reliably producing them in litters I really can't help.
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby driftwood blue » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:46 am

good luck in your search.. in about 1982 we bought a red bloodhound from some folks in SW New Mexico. the parents were said to be cat hunters.
anyway when she matures she was not the overly large, awkward, heavy boned, slow type that you sometimes see. BUT there was no way I could get her to run coon or cats. BUT she was a natural man tracker.could trail me up several hour after I had left the house without fail.
her speed was pretty good too.
she met her end at the blacktop road that goes past our house as she did not take to being confined very well.. that was the end of my bloodhound experience.

Return to “Majestic Hounds”