saltlick kennels

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
kirpa
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: saltlick kennels

Postby kirpa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:46 am

Hans got the right attitude. Only good raccoon dog is a dead one.
It's like a cancer what just spears everywhere. This nasty little creature is very deadly for nesting birds
and other small animals. Here in Finland we have had predator campaings agains raccoon dog and mink but i think
it's impossible to destroy all of them anymore.
Like history have proven for us finns that nothing good comes from east and the only medicine is the lead.
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:56 pm

6 Generation Pedegree on the Queen KONG X Big Red Bear Breeding "PUPs"

Top Side

Bottom Side

Steve Morrow "Saltlick Majestic's"
"Never Have Hounds Or Kids And You Won't Get Your Heart Broke"!!

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Canine Training Academy - Co.

The Mara Conservancy - Kenya Africa
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:50 am

i like the way the majestics LOOK however i have never seen one hunt so like most i am fearfull of ordering one. its not so much the $450 for the pup +$200 or more shipping. that makes one hesitant its the thought of being stuck with a allmost hound. after that first couple of i just have to have hounds most hunters become real selective about what they bring home. i rember a few years ago a majestic breeder was offering a discount to the fist buyer in each state which seemed like a wise idea. what better way to show what a family of hounds can do in a area then hunt them there and to do that they must be there. breedings are a tricky thing you are gambling each time that the genetics will line up favorable . i think it might be advantagous for the breed as a whole to find a experienced houndsmen or two in the west willing to hunt and promote the majestics. terms like old style ,cold nosed ,and track dog make most western hunters listen vrs. barks per minute ,fastest andall the other competition talk. but when it comes down to it what they do in your mountains,deserts or hills speak louder. this is to be in no way considered negative rhetoric of majestics or their breeders i've never hunted behind one or know any breeder just my thoughts to what i consider a interesting breed and a noble idea in breeding hounds that can cold trail as good or better then they tree . treeing never found anything
Coyote
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Coyote » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:25 pm

The Lancasters in British Columbia run Majestics and I think their track record stands for itself on what the Majestics breed is capable of.
Erik Kline
970-394-0240
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Steve Morrow "Saltlick Majestic's"
"Never Have Hounds Or Kids And You Won't Get Your Heart Broke"!!

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Canine Training Academy - Co.

The Mara Conservancy - Kenya Africa
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 pm

devoloping a distinct family of hounds, or anything else for that matter requires substantial planning, foresight,time and persistence. however the rewards usually make it worthwhile. someone put the effort in at the beginning of each breed. plot hounds are a good example , houndsmen are familiar with their origins as a breed, designed and developed by one family over the generations. but all breeds are bred to conform to someones ideal to begain with. every person that uses a dog for a specific purpose has a breed or type that they fill best fills their needs. i have worked on my dogs for many years and it's a process that i love and hate. when you produce the hounds that have desire,TRAILING ability,conformation,and treeing. it,s great. but when they are missing something you just have dogs in my book.i reached a point where i have one male and one female that do not share a ancestor in four generations but are as close a speciemens as a male and female can be. they are four and five years old and i have yet to make the final breeding in fear that it will all blow up in my face and i will be back at the beginning. there are some genetics that i didn't like which is what led to me breeding in the first place. i know time is running short and if i want to be hunting this type of hound in the future. the thought of looseing one or the other crosses my mind every hunt we turn loose on .

Return to “Majestic Hounds”