HELP THE CALIFORNIA DFG HELP YOU AND DEFEAT HSUS

RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

HELP THE CALIFORNIA DFG HELP YOU AND DEFEAT HSUS

Postby RIFLEMAN » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi Guys,

1. The California black bear population has increased four-fold in the last twenty-five years.
2. The California black bear has re-populated all of its original range and is expanding its distribution into areas previously occupied by the grizzly.
3. The California black bear population and distribution will likely continue to increase as long as the DFG continues to manage them according to the four criterion currently employed in the Black Bear Management Plan.
4. The quota/in-season early closure mechanism has continued to increase over the years, and has done so without detrimentally impacting the ongoing prosperity of the black bear.
5. The prosperity of the black bear justifies an increase of the quota/in-season early closure mechanism.
6. Increasing the quota/in-season early closure mechanism will increase hunter opportunity and also benefit hound hunters by extending the time when more than one dog per hunter can be used.
7. Aligning the deer and bear archery seasons so that they run concurrently rather than consecutively will benefit bowhunters and also reduce the amount of time that hounds must stay out of the hills and woods.

Given these conditions, I hope that DFG can count on you to voice your support of the proposals to increase the quota/in-season early closure mechanism from 1700 to 2000 bear and align the archery seasons. Please do not let the HSUS and other anti-hunting organizations hijack the process by flooding the Department with emotional and irrational opposition to the proposals. Please send an email to the Department voicing your support to wildlifemgt@dfg.ca.gov. Your email does not have to be elaborate...simply saying you support the proposals as submitted will suffice.

Please feel free to share this post with your friends, family, and associates, and ask them to send an email as well. This is urgent, as the deadline for public comment is 5 p.m. on Monday, 21-MAR.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: HELP THE CALIFORNIA DFG HELP YOU AND DEFEAT HSUS

Postby Dale T » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:35 am

Are there any other proposals being made by F&G for this year?
RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby RIFLEMAN » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:12 am

Some minor ones regarding deer zones, but this is it for bear.
Lori Jacobs

Postby Lori Jacobs » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Josh,
Can you answer me one question? Why would we want to back uping the quota, when last year Wayne Pacelli stated that he would make it his mission to get it put on the ballot to take bear hunting away in Ca. if the quota was raised? I think we should leave well enough alone. Last year the quota was not even filled and we usually get most of the season when it is. Why change? Just my personal thoughts.
Lori
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:11 pm

The only guys that I can see that would benifit from the quota being raised are the guides, because even after the quota is filled you can still run Bobcat, fox and coons long after the last Sunday in December.
I would think that the best thing that could happen for the houndsmen in this state is the Bear population to continue to go up, then when the tree huggers go to the mountains to camp and have a bear in there camp every night the fish and game will need us!
Last edited by Dale T on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dogman
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dogman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 am

Lol..... Lori, dale did I read this right "y change"? That's a very good question u should ask yourself.
Work to live, live to hunt!
Lori Jacobs

Postby Lori Jacobs » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:57 pm

I see nothing to lol about. I don't feel this is a proper answer. I think that everyone that knows me knows that I am an avid bear hunter and I do not feel that we should get the quota raised!
Lori
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:55 am

dogman
you tell me what good would it do us to raise the quota?
dogman
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dogman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:10 am

I agree proly not a good idea..... Never said it was!!! I was talking about CHANGE. Y change something that's not broke? You said your always open to change... Didn't mean to change subject in the post. Keep up the fight with hsus.
Work to live, live to hunt!
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:21 am

I know it's off post, but dogman can you explain to me how having a grey hound win the 1st, 2nd and 4th divisions isn't broken?

And how did you guy's do in Idaho?
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:44 am

I also do not support the quota being raised. I agree out bear population is doing just fine. But lets leave it that way. How often is the quota filled early? Not enough to warrant upping it. I'd rather as a whole, we try to change, fix, or fight about other issues. I'd rather see NEW places opened up to hunting during season (or even more training areas in the summer, or just a training season on bear), than to kill more bears out of the already over-hunted areas... I could care less if I ever kill another bear over my dogs, but I'd surely like to keep my right to hunt bear... I also don't think CHC should just jump in and start advocating that the quota be raised because a select few think it's a good idea. They are supposed to be the voice of the houndsmen, and I feel they should support the majority.
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds
RandTMcKnight
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1595045383

Postby RandTMcKnight » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:57 am

This is totally off-post and I apologize but I thought I would ask the people who would probably know, is there or is there not a training season for bear in California ? I have heard both and can't make heads or tails of the dfg's web site, emailed the director but no response! Thanks for any info and again sorry for being off post.
___________________________________________________________________________________
"You don't know what you don't know"
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 am

There is NO official "training only" season for Bear in California. We can train hounds on bear only during the general kill season, period. Depending on what part of the state, season is Aug - Dec (or until we fill the quota) Actually the first part of season can't even be considered "training" as you can only run one dog per bear tag.
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds
RandTMcKnight
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1595045383

Postby RandTMcKnight » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:14 am

Okay thanks for the info I have a few people telling me that there is right now but could not find any info on it now I know why! lol Probably would not matter none of my dog's have ever even seen a bear just thought I would check it out thanks.
___________________________________________________________________________________
"You don't know what you don't know"
Peter Meyer
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Peter Meyer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 am

Raising the limit is very important for California Houndsman and bear hunters. We are in a war with the HSUS and all the other animal rights and anti-hunting groups. The past couple of years we have been holding the line, with neither side producing any decisive victories. Want more open areas to hunt bear in California? Raising the limit opens the door just a little wider for future proposals that favor us. Trust me, the CHC is definitely working in your best interest. Don't jump to uncertain conclusions regarding this issue until you really have all the facts. Josh Brones , CHC president, is very approachable and will clearly spell it out for you if you contact him. Dissension amongst us is pure gold to the HSUS. Raising the limit will benefit us all, not just "a select few". George Bush once said to a joint session of congress, post 9/11 :"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." God help us all if the HSUS manages to get a ballot measure ending bear hunting in California. Prop. 117 passed easily. We must continue to push forward and advance and expand our sport, or to most, way of life.

"Audentes fortuna juvat" -Fortune favors the bold

-Pete
Bar K Black and Tans Placerville CA
"We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" -Benjamin Franklin replying to John Hancock's remark that the revolutionaries should be unanimous in their action. July 4, 1776 at the signing of the Declaration of Independence

Return to “California”