HELP THE CALIFORNIA DFG HELP YOU AND DEFEAT HSUS

Peter Meyer
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: HELP THE CALIFORNIA DFG HELP YOU AND DEFEAT HSUS

Postby Peter Meyer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 pm

I see it pretty darn simple: we are at war with the HSUS legislatively and morally. I may be taking this too seriously but for me it goes beyond just hunting with hounds. They are trying to impose their will upon us and infringe on our freedoms we enjoy as Americans. Getting the increase in the limit will be a victory in just one battle of many more to come, including the big one, a statewide initiative banning hounds or bear hunting altogether that the HSUS is pushing for. The HSUS could care less if more bears are taken. Their ultimate goal is to destroy your way of life. They already hate us. They will attack any proposals that advance or enhance bear hunting any running hounds with a tenacity that our side seems to lack. I despise their tactics and propaganda but there is something to be learned there. So I'll just lay it out there come hell or high water: Not supporting the increase whatever your reasons is treason.
-Pete "Audentes fortuna juvat" - "Fortune favors the bold"
Bar K Black and Tans Placerville CA
"We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" -Benjamin Franklin replying to John Hancock's remark that the revolutionaries should be unanimous in their action. July 4, 1776 at the signing of the Declaration of Independence
fox hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby fox hunter » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:19 am

if you think your not in for a fight with the hsus anytime they think they have a chance your nuts why not get behind dfg and take something for a change this is a step in the rite direction and a blow to the hippies ego the hunting comunity of ca has always played it to safe just roll over and give them something insted of standing up and kicking the hippies in the bag and take something for a change

saticefaction is the death of desire
Last edited by fox hunter on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 pm

If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Last edited by Dale T on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
livetohunt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby livetohunt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:51 pm

I was thinking about this last night and I would like to know for the ones on here that are against this change cant you tell me is it because you think the HSUS will push to stop bear hunting?

Or that you feel the bear population can NOT support the increase?

Or is it that you dislike our DFG to the point where your not wanting to support them?
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey Chris

For me it's many things, I don't think that raising the quota is going to benifit the houndsmen of this state, it will protray as the killers of the cute little bears just like when we lost out Lion season, and part of it is because of the HSUS threats but not all of it, I've always found that I can deal with a snake as long as I never forget there nothing more then a snake (HSUS) and write now I don't know who the snakes are with F&G but I know there there!
livetohunt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby livetohunt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Thanks Dale, now I ask you this were we portrayed that way when it was raised from 1500 to 1700 just a couple yrs ago. Im not trying to start any fight in this I want the info I want to know what is at the root with everyone on this.
As for the HSUS I dont feel any change is going to stop them if it get raised or if it stays the same they want this fight they have been working towards this fight and there is nothing we can do to keep from having this fight. All of you that say why do we want to push things with the HSUS are dreaming. I think there are things that we can not control and sitting on a computer and fighting with each other is doing no good at all. What I am doing right now is getting all the info I can find and Im going to write letters to every one down in Sac that I can find. I think this fight is coming and all we can do is try to be one step ahead of them. Im not only talking about this sport as a way of life and the fact that I want my kids and grandkids to have the right to have this as there way of life. But I am also talking to them about money and as we all know money is one thing they do care about in this state. Such as in 2009 they made $1,102,051.90 just in bear tag sales, Im also going to talk about the other money raised from bear hunting. Such as food, gas, ammo, camping and supplies, hotels, travel. We need to show them that bear hunters are not some backwoods folks were are a multi million dollar economic boost. I think if everyone that spent the time on here fighting would write letters, send emails and make calls then we might just have a chance in this fight that I for one know is coming.
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm

[quote="Dale T
Explain to me how having less bears the next year to hunt is going to benifit any houndsmen in this state and how would it be a step forward? And how would not supporting F&G's proposal would be a step backwards? We have one of the longest bear seasons in the U.S., and can still be in the woods month after the season ends now.

Don't get me wrong I think it would be great to "GET" instead of "GIVE" for a change but I think there a lot of other F&G Regs that need to be looked at that would benifit "ALL" houndsmen in this state. quote]

2. Fact: The Department is tasked with managing the bear population and has done so successfully for decades; in the last 30 years, the bear population has gone from approximately 4000 to well over 40,000, and the bear distribution has not only been restored to its historic levels, but has extended into areas where no black bear had previously existed. During this time, the quota has doubled without any detriment to either the growth in population or expansion in distribution.

And with this being said can you tell me how having a few more bears killed is really going to hurt anyone.

and you are right there are a lot of other regs that need to be looked at that would benifit all houndsmen too but this is the current one that needs support from real houndsmen.

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 am

outlaw13

The HSUS main concern is not the overall bear population, what they do care about are individual bears, thats why Percell has already stated if the quota is raised they will put it on the ballot, so by raising the quota to the 2500 that I believe F&G is pushing for will just like thoughing gas a the fire that HSUS is already tending.

And my 1st question still has not been answered, which leads me to believe know body has a answer!
How is raising the quota going to improve things for Houndsmen in this state?
Peter Meyer
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Peter Meyer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 am

It will help us because for the first time a few years a proposal favorable to us will not be tabled by pressure from attorney Bill Yeates or tabled because of CEQA issues. A step forward for us is a huge shove back against groups like the HSUS, IDA, Big Wild life, and the Sierra Club. Then again a victory for us may cause the HSUS to redouble their efforts at stamping out our way of life. Doesn't matter. There is a fight coming and it is going to be on voter petitions, tv commercials, and signs in front yards saying " YES ON whatever damn number their propostion may be".To be able to show a record of the Fish and Game Commission supporting and advancing bear hunting is leverage. The HSUS is a multi-million dollar propaganda machine. The battle is going to be an uphill one for sure. Ever heard this before?: it is all about winning their hearts and minds. We may have to convince California voters that hounds and bear hunting are a treasured American tradition as well as valid method of population control. You should watch F&G's biologist Marc Kenyon's presentation on video from the April 7 Commission meeting. I am sure it will clear some things up. People need to know the truth about the HSUS. No matter how much the HSUS denies it, they support fringe groups like Peta and the ALF. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that some of the tens of millions of dollars the HSUS collects in donations each year trickles down to these extremist groups? Some of which the FBI has classified as domestic terrorists. It sounds like something that should be looked into if you ask me. Remember these people hate you, what you do, how you do it, and what you stand for. -Pete

"Audentes fortuna juvat" - "Fortune favors the bold."
Bar K Black and Tans Placerville CA
"We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" -Benjamin Franklin replying to John Hancock's remark that the revolutionaries should be unanimous in their action. July 4, 1776 at the signing of the Declaration of Independence
RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby RIFLEMAN » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 am

RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby RIFLEMAN » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:00 am

RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby RIFLEMAN » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:54 am

outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:48 am

I think all questions have been answered now. RIFLEMAN, I thank you for the time you have dedicated into this post making everyone including me more educated as to what the facts actually are.

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
BOSS HOG
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BOSS HOG » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:11 pm

-rifleman said
"Actually, I answered your question before you even asked it; I indicated how the proposals would benefit hound hunters in my very first post within this topic. For your reference, here is what I wrote:
[i]6. Increasing the quota/in-season early closure mechanism will increase hunter opportunity and also benefit hound hunters by extending the time when more than one dog per hunter can be used.
7. Aligning the deer and bear archery seasons so that they run concurrently rather than consecutively will benefit bowhunters and a"

since were " sticking to the facts" the majority of the seasons already are concurent

The 2010 statewide archery bear season started Aug. 21 which was the same as the following archery deer seasons b1, b2, b3, b4,b5,b6,d3,d4,d5,d6,d7,d8,d9,d10,c1,c2,c3,c4,x1,x2,x3a,x3b,x4,x5a,x5b,x6a,x6b,x7a,x7b,x8,x9a,x9b,x9c,x10,x12
you can check for your self http://www.arwhead.com/calhunt/deer.html

so... i guess that only leaves #6 and as far as im concerned if your dogs cant get r done in the 3 months that the general season is open then your better off sticking to the archery season

my point is theres other things that "we" as houndsmen could be fighting for that would help us more that what is being fought for like gps or tree switches or larger training zones or a BEAR TRAINING SEASON , and if our bear population is doing so good i say leave it and let it continue to grow soon we will have excellent bear hunting and maby there will be a few left for my grandchildren to hunt......
In times of tyranny and injustice, when law opresses the people, the outlaw takes his place in history....

Return to “California”