Jerky in the oven HELP! LOL

Feel free to Drop your favorite Recipe here.
ZeluvaRIP69er
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Jerky in the oven HELP! LOL

Postby ZeluvaRIP69er » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:19 pm

That's right, a woman going to men for help with cooking.

I have read on the web that you CAN make jerky in the oven. I am trying it as we speak, I am doubtful our bulldog will even eat it lol.

A food dehydrator is on me and Andrews Christmas list, we will see if Santa pulls through this year, after no getting my 2010 Toyota Tacoma and Polaris Ranger, he will be lucky if he gets store bought cookies this year! ;)

So, how do you make jerky? What seasonings or marinades do you like?

Let me know, we are going to dry every food we can think of haha, Andrew and I are crazy like that :)

Thanks,
Nikki.
Nikki Anderson "Billy Bonny"
Hair Of The Dog Outfitters
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels
R.I.P Greg Anderson *6/4/59-10/17/09*
R.I.P Cabo *10/13/04-11/20/08*
R.I.P Dirty Deeds *10/4/05-3/15/10*
Nice Toyota's, Good Plotts, Loud Music, Fresh Copenhagen Long Cut, Cold Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper, and Great Friends... Combine them all and you get what my life is all about :)
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels, home of Shuttah, Socki, Lonesome, Oakey, Deets, LeDoux, Ruger, Camo, and Gator :)
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Re: Jerky in the oven HELP! LOL

Postby Buddyw » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:53 pm

You'll have to put what every you like in it for seasoning.

I use allot of worchesire sauces, some Soy, Salt Pepper, and some Hot Oil.. Probably allot better recipes out there.

For you oven, just turn it on the lowest setting, and leave the door cracked open. You'll have to find the right time to pull it, Some times it's all night, sometimes it's 5-6 hours.. Depends on how low you can turn you oven on...

Good Luck, That's how we used to make all our jerky..

Buddy
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Follow what buddy said. There are some jerky kits out there with the nitrates and such for preservatives. The most important thing I have found with doing jerky in the oven is the last couple of hours of drying. If you don't pay attention you can wind up with beef chips, sort of like potato chips. Hard and brittle. Kinda taste like over done bacon. It's not bad, just not good. I cut my meat at about 1/8 of an inch and pull it out of the oven when it is just barely pink inside. It makes for some great tasting, soft and chewy jerky.
ZeluvaRIP69er
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby ZeluvaRIP69er » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:11 pm

First batch of beef jerky is done.

I over salted it, which is fine for me, horrible for any normal humans that don't have iron tongues and stomachs lol.

It took about 5 hours for the beef, we will see about the elk.

Thanks for the tips guys, in a couple years you might see a little jerky shack set up somewhere in Arizona LOL!
Nikki Anderson "Billy Bonny"
Hair Of The Dog Outfitters
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels
R.I.P Greg Anderson *6/4/59-10/17/09*
R.I.P Cabo *10/13/04-11/20/08*
R.I.P Dirty Deeds *10/4/05-3/15/10*
Nice Toyota's, Good Plotts, Loud Music, Fresh Copenhagen Long Cut, Cold Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper, and Great Friends... Combine them all and you get what my life is all about :)
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels, home of Shuttah, Socki, Lonesome, Oakey, Deets, LeDoux, Ruger, Camo, and Gator :)
.25-06
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby .25-06 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 am

I will take a peace and trow it on a paper towel and nuke for one minute to try the sesoning before I dri it out.
Also if your doing it in the oven then leave the door cracked open a tad with a rolled up ball of tin foil wedged in the top of the door at 200 degrees.
Hope this helps :beer
Lions and Coues....What else is there
Kevin D
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Kevin D » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 am

Get some High-Country jerky seasoning mix, it has oven directions printed on the box. Most every grocery store around here stocks the stuff or you can order it through Cabelas.
redtoivola

Postby redtoivola » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:06 am

I tried HiCountry garlic n cracked pepper jerky mix, got it at Gander Mountain. It's great, one hour +15 minutes in 200 degree oven and its dry but not dried out. One pack does 15 pounds of meat, about $8 a pack, many flavors to choose from

Return to “POORBOYS Recipes! and anyone else that has a good recipe!”