CAJUN MEATLOAF

Feel free to Drop your favorite Recipe here.
POORBOY
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

CAJUN MEATLOAF

Postby POORBOY » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Cajun meatloaf

3 whole Bell Peppers (2 If They're Large)
2 whole Medium Onions
1 bunch Celery (5-6 Ribs)
8 cloves (to 10 Cloves) Of Garlic
6 Tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Optional: A Few Shakes Of Hot Sauce
2 cups Ketchup, Divided
½ cups Whole Milk
1 cup (to 2 Cups) Breadcrumbs
2 pounds Of Lean Ground Beef (92% Lean)
1 pound Ground Pork
3 whole Eggs
2 Tablespoons Honey

Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Chop all of the fresh vegetables (peppers, onions, celery) into a small dice and mince the garlic. Over medium-high heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Once butter begins to start browning, add the diced vegetables and garlic. Add about 1 teaspoon salt.
After these have cooked for a few minutes add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon nutmeg and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. If you like it hot, add a couple shakes of your favorite hot sauce. Next add about ½ cup of ketchup. Continue cooking and stirring for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
After allowing the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes, add about ½ cup of milk. Stir until combined. Next add at least 1 cup of breadcrumbs. Continue adding breadcrumbs and stirring until mixture is a nice, thick paste.
In a large mixing bowl place the ground beef and pork. Whisk 3 eggs and add to the meat. After allowing the pasty vegetable mixture to cool down a bit, begin incorporating it into the meat. Keep working all of the Cajun-Vegetable mix into the meat until all is blended well.
Spray a sheet pan with some non-stick cooking spray. Next, using your hands, form your meat mixture into a loaf on the sheet pan. Make the loaf around 6-8 inches wide and about 1 ½ inches thick.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together ¾ cup of ketchup with about 2 tablespoons honey. Slather this sauce over the whole meatloaf.
Place in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes.

Made as directed.
Used Rolled Oats instead of bread crumbs.

Not Bad

jerry
Leopard Cur Message Board
www.voy.com/147738/
lepcur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: CAJUN MEATLOAF

Postby lepcur » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 am

Hey Jerry, This sounds pretty good, I think I'll make a batch but I'll use x-tra lean bear burger. I might make several and cook them in the smoker. Mike
I hunt the Leopard spotted bear dogs
http://bearmtnguideservice.webs.com/
cooncrazy101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002313841970

Re: CAJUN MEATLOAF

Postby cooncrazy101 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 am

K ..we tried this ...we did it with 2 lbs racoon meat ground with beef fat n 1 pound antelope suasage , and added 4 jalepenos dived....6 of us ate it.....was awesome two thumbs up !!!
If it ain't a plott it ain't alot!

Return to “POORBOYS Recipes! and anyone else that has a good recipe!â€