Delete

DCCAT-2
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Night Hunts in WA

Postby DCCAT-2 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm not sure what happened but I do know that DEE POWELL is full of shit and dishonest when it comes to dogs. When the club started a few years ago I was there and witnessed a slick tree that he believed a coon was in. He said his dog was a night champion or something like that so a few of my family members shined every light we had in that 30' tree and NOTHING.I don't understand Dee how you can go through as many dogs as you do. It seems like you always have a few dogs for sale. I myself have some of the best Cameron Blood at my house and I don't have them to make money, They are my family and I companions. You seem to me as a jealous dog jockey thats wants to be a houndsmen. Yes Katie would be a great president for the club and Bob Norris is about the most honest man I know. So if your calling Bullshit on his judgment then why the hell weren't you the judge. Dee you are full of shit and need to get the hell out of our hunting grounds. I would love to join the club but NOT with your wannabe ass around. Anytime you want to prove yourself with me, just call. You have my phone number Dee and for the Pomeroy boys keep the club going and when DEE POWELL is gone, I would love to join, as do a few others that are honest and don't like Dee.
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 am

Master of Hounds or Hunt Director have to be at the grounds until all casts return (or until deadline at least).

I don't understand why there wasn't a score card. How do you have a hunt without a card? If you know the rules, you'd know that. If you forgot it in the truck or lost it, you are to use a makeshift card until you get back, then you have to fill a new one out and have it all done and scored correctly before returning it to the MOH.

I am pretty sure there has always been a "DANGER" rule. If the majority of the cast feels a situation is dangerous, they vote, and majority wins. If your running a coon and it swims a river, or deep water, gets on posted land, gets close to a road, ect, you vote. If you had points, then they are deleted, which would suck for whoever held the lead. I myself would not risk injury to me or my dog to go score a coon, I will withdraw my dog if everyone else didn't want to call a time out. Thankfully my dogs handle. Maybe the water looked deeper than it was, but you never know, as general rule, most people wouldn't chance it.

I hate to hear dishonesty and cheating going on, in something as silly as a coon hunt. I have made a couple Nite Champions over the years, because it was fun, not because it was so important to do.
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:03 pm

[quote="Redwood Coonhounds"]Master of Hounds or Hunt Director have to be at the grounds until all casts return (or until deadline at least).

I don't understand why there wasn't a score card. How do you have a hunt without a card? If you know the rules, you'd know that. If you forgot it in the truck or lost it, you are to use a makeshift card until you get back, then you have to fill a new one out and have it all done and scored correctly before returning it to the MOH.

I am pretty sure there has always been a "DANGER" rule. If the majority of the cast feels a situation is dangerous, they vote, and majority wins.
I knew that Danger rule was there. I just did not see how a single cast member could tell others not to go to their dogs or they were disqualified, remembered it being decision made by majority. Don/t recall a hunt director having to be at the club house at all. Time changes everything. Thanks Cassandra Al
mkm81

Postby mkm81 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:22 pm

As another person that was there that night I will answer a few questions. Yes the score card was left at the club house (not on purpose). Points were tracked on a smart phone memo app until it could be transferred to the score card. The case was that Bob was the judge and there was discussion the night of the hunt (Friday), the question being as whether or not to score the coon or not. Most of the members of the club are fairly new to UKC hunts and listened to Dee and therefore a winner was not had due to "negative" points. HOWEVER, upon further investigation and inspection of the rules and a call to the UKC it was determined that Rodney SHOULD have been given plus points and therefore should have been given a win slip. Of course all of you know that if it is not disputed the night of the hunt then no changes can be made. So for the principle of it, the club feels that Rodney "won" that night but as far as UKC, no win slip was submitted.
I will take this as a lesson learned, I personally have further educated myself as far as scoring, etc. goes and hopefully this will NOT happen in the future. I also don't want ONE person's attitude, thoughts and rude comments to deter any individuals on this site from coming to our future hunts in Pomeroy. We have a new board and are striving to make our future hunts fun and enjoyable for all that attend.
Old dog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Old dog » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:46 pm

this revelation presents a good chance for this dee fella to make amends to rodney fo all the "little fella" comments and other off hand comments. everyone makes mistakes lets see what kind of a person this dee guy is? jmo
no mater if you think you can or you think you cant,, you are probably rite.
Muleup

Postby Muleup » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Agreed!!
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:17 pm

I know where my bet is.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:05 am

I know where I'm putting my money lol
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 am

Little fellow Rodney hasn't changed...look at the folks that I know...it was a dead cast and no one won...like I said no skin in the game..so could care less of the results...So all you Dee haters out there you can suck a big one...If you have a problem Im not to hard to find...Wenatchee is on the map...stop your bitching or better yet bring it...if you have balls. For DC Cat I have heard that your still scared of the dark and only get dogs when you have your son... so your on a bitch program..lol. Come get some you prick...what a POS you are...

I am done with the pricks...thank you all that know the rules
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 am

What pisses me off was your statement about me not crossing the river. I was in a wreck last May and almost lost my left foot ...had 2 back surgeries and both knees need replacing...you had no right on saying that crap..

And less than a week later you sound like a cage fighter?????
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 am

WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:56 am

you can not win with minus points...100 strike and a split of 125 equals -25 points plus a time out was called...learn the book I brought to you guys and the judge should always have the card in hand. The little guy did not win hands down and you will need a master of hounds come next year according to the UKC coordinator because the left and right hand don't have a clue how to judge a UKC event. I'm done with the idiot talk.
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:01 am

WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cobalt » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:04 am

I have also been on a cast will him. He sucked and so did his dog, yet he nite championed him out the next night!! Those hunts can be fun. They are what they are, but with guys out to just title dogs and not out to crown the best dog, it really gets frustrating. Being competitive is one thing, manipulation is another.
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:11 am

Never been on a cast with Colbalt...your a cock sucker as well...so (beep) you (beep)...bring your best which I heard is not much...
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111

Return to “Washington”