walk w/ wick

Share your thoughts about different Hound Books, shows, videos.. etc.
bency
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

walk w/ wick

Postby bency » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:26 am

hectorp
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: walk w/ wick

Postby hectorp » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:31 pm

For cheap??? I don´t know if you already bought one.

But I remember when I restart hunting with hounds. I didn´t knew much of how to train a coonhound or lionhound. That was about 12 years ago. I don´t remember how I find out of the old Book Walk with Wick. But they were out of print and selling for more than $150.00 dollars.

At that time I was able to get a photocopy of one of those books, but I didn´t buy the old one, they were hard to find and very expensive. I use to buy very often equipment from the store WOW (Johns Wicks Store) and I always ask for the book, when will they reprint it. They always told me John Wick was working for a new edition and it will be better and actual, but I did have to wait for about three years to get that new edition Volume I, then another two years for Volume II.

I think $30 dollars for a new book Walk with Wick is really cheap for all the information it has in them. But if you are a very experience houndhunter, maybe you don´t need all that information you already know, thats why you want them cheap (no offense).

From all the books of houndhunting I have read, maybe more than 20 or 25, Walk with Wick Volume I and II are in the top of the line even that they are instructional. Worth every penny I pay for them.

Saludos,
bency
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby bency » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:16 am

Hey thanks for the reply, but I went ahead purchased the first volume.
hectorp
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby hectorp » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Bency, maybe I didn´t express correctly. I didn´t want to sell the books that I Have I was just giving you my feedback, that they are very good books, both of them. And the money you spend for them is well worthed.

I even have another pair of Volume I and II autograph by John. Any of them for sale.

Good Hunting
coloradoultramag
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby coloradoultramag » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:06 pm

I have both valumes 1 and 2 and realy liked them. It is also cool that you can call him on the phone and chat or ask questions. Try doing that with any other writters or legends.

by the way he was very nice on the phone
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:47 pm

After allot of requests for this book we finally got permission from john to sell them. I think we are only 1 of 5 places to get the books.

http://www.dusupply.com/hunting-books-videos/books.html

We are looking for other books that folks think we should carry.
Buddy

Return to “Books/Video Reviews”