Brady Davis' GGS's

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
cougarhound
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Brady Davis' GGS's

Postby cougarhound » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:30 pm

African-a free pup? just pay for the shipping? you send me one and all hunt the hair, the nose and the feet off of it.
Lorne Meadows
home phone:1-250-425-0058
The bullshit stops when the tailgate drops
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Steve Morrow "Saltlick Majestic's"
"Never Have Hounds Or Kids And You Won't Get Your Heart Broke"!!

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Canine Training Academy - Co.

The Mara Conservancy - Kenya Africa
Catman
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Catman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:06 pm

African
I have to applaud you for your integity. Too bad the owner of these hounds (Tim)doesn't have the integrity you do.
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby liontracker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 am

Catman...you are a piece of work. It is not my integrity that should be questioned as much as the breeders I got the dogs from. However, you folks that are beating the Genetic drum on this issue, really do not have enough education to do so. As a matter of fact, several GGS breeders in France were contacted about this issue and they said that they have never heard and nevver seen such things in the GGS breed. There was one male awhile back that may have shown slight signs of dysplasia, but it got hit by a car and it never sired pups. After talking to the Labrador breeders and the dysplasia issues they went through and the research and testing done to clean up the problem, it was determined beyond a shadow of a doubt, that dysplasia is 50 % nutrition and 50% genetic. Further more, based on the superb performance based French breeding programs, I would more likely place the blame on the US component of the cross. That is why I called almost every owner in the bitches pedigree. Nothing turned up there either. So the real question is starting to boil down to nutrition. As for the one with siesures, I recall that shortly after you got her back home, you were stricken with a bout of super Parvo or something like Parvo, which was so intense that it affected some of your adult dogs. This GGS female had all her parvo shots, yet she still came down with whatever it was. My question is, what kind of antibiotics or other meds did she recieve? I would seriously suspect this disease and the meds as the most probable cause. I have told my Vet, that your Vet is diagnosing Dysplasia in a pup less than one year old and furthermore, claiming it to be genetic in nature. It is common knowledge that a dog cannot be certified possitive or negative until it is two years old. A Vet that is willing to go out on a limb like that, deserves to loose his/her liscense. I also said that I was "thinking" about raising the price. But now that you bring it up, the price of the pup, has no bearing on any decision I may make. On the contrary, my decision to not send you a male GGS pup is based solely on your past track record. I do not think it would be in the best interest of the GGS breed to get you anymore GGS pups or dogs... period. The recent surprise post you made of the siesures is a prime example. You never even mentioned this problem to me and it is not right that I first hear or see it on the WWW. When you threw your gradeschool kid temper tantrum on the phone and threatend to "see to it that I not ever sell another dog as long as I live", before we could ever get to the bottom of Jayco's issue, was way out of line as a man. I find it strange that after all the illwill Gavin expressed to me in person and over the internet towards you, that Gavin would ever speak to you again, let alone offer you a pup. It just goes to show, that you never know. I took some serious heat when when I sold you that GGS pup, heat that cost me dearly. One man even went as far as to say that "Steve Morrow is the kiss of death". Just so you know, the main reason that I overrode the advice, was that I was sure and certain that if I did not supply you with a pup, then you would import any old GGS that you could get your paws on and it would most likely be a cull, due to the typical French/American issues. If you or anyone else for that matter, thinks that they will run me out and make me quit...you had better think again, because I have the kind of long term staying power, that I would rather die... than ever give up or quit.
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby liontracker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:14 am

...and Gavin. You should have seen Dakota go a few weeks back. The temperature was 52 degrees F. The south slopes were mud. The north slopes had only a little snow. I had some Camerons and some 1/2 breed French Blues out that day. When they hit the mud slope it was all over. I could see the cats' tracks and they had water in them. The Blues went out 100-200 yds and repeatedly made a loss. They could not move it and I was not surprised, given the conditions. I told the guy that was with me to just sit still and eat his lunch, I was going to run home real quick and get my "Secret Weapon". HE had no idea what I was talking about. I figured I had nothing to loose. My house was close and I was back in 1 hr. I took Dakota up there and showed him the track. Without hesitation he took that track. He trailed it about 1 1/2 miles across that mud slope in about 1 hr. At that point the tom went over the ridge where there was snow and the blues joined in and we had a jump with a very short race to the tree. That is the main reason that I got into the GGS in the first place. You were right and I thank you for that.
Catman
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Catman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:18 pm

"Catman...you are a piece of work. It is not my integrity that should be questioned as much as the breeders I got the dogs from."

Tim, I am curious: Is there anything YOU will take credit for and make right with ANYONE?
I feel sorry for Gavin. He seems like a genuine, honest individual. Pretty bad when he is trying to make up for your dishonesty
You have shown the type of individual you are. What goes around always comes back around
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby liontracker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Catman-Well you cooked your own goose and you damn well know it. Now you can live with it.
sdb
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby sdb » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 am

it seems theres is lots of negative about these dogs, at least from a few on here. Does anyone who has one have any stories to tell about their ability. Brady Davis what have you seen with yours? Not trying to disrespect LT but maybe some opinions from others would help with the pissin matches. It seems as though they are a being kept a big secret?Let us know, I'm interested.
bob baldwin jr
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby bob baldwin jr » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 am

SDB is not the only one that wants the info . There is a time and place for BS but this is really getting out of hand . If there is a problem lets discuss it ,If not Time for recess boys and girls.
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby larry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:52 am

BlacktailStalker
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby BlacktailStalker » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 am

Oh boy these gangly legged dog threads sure have some good reading !
What I want to know is how in the hell you pack these things around!?
I mean I can fit 5 inbred normal looking hounds on the back of my quad but I'd need a flat deck to tote two of those things around!
So much bitching... you'd think this was July and nobody had anything to run :lol:

This one time... in band camp....
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 am

Liontracker,

I do not have a problem with you whatsoever. I gave you a little grief over your refund policy but it really has nothing to do with me.

I understand you may have opted to not breed if breeders earlier in the line had been having genetic problems. But if dogs that went to different locations had similar problems doesn't that point to a problem with the cross more than diet? I run grade dogs mostly but have had papered dogs from several different breeds. I just fed them run of the mill puppy food, and all was well. What I have the hardest thing wrapping my head around is, doesn't the responsibility of the pups you sold fall firmly on you as the person that took money for the pups? And not so much on the previous breeders?

Just a question and no disrespect intended.

Another thing I am curious about is if people with these GGS dogs are having good luck. My Dad is always coming over showing me dogs from other countries and we wonder how they would work crossed into American hounds. He brought up the GGS's a few years back but I discounted them on the account of their size and the fact I mostly bobcat hunt the coastal areas. That was way before I stumbled onto this forum and this whole fiasco. So is there anyone lion hunting these dogs with better luck then they were able to get with American bred hounds?
jed
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby jed » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 am

Interesting reading. . . .

Just an observation from the peanut gallery, in defense of vets across the country;

"It is common knowledge that a dog cannot be certified possitive or negative until it is two years old. A Vet that is willing to go out on a limb like that, deserves to loose his/her liscense."

is an ignorant and naive statement!

The OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals), recognized authority on canine hip dysplasia states that a dog must be a minimum of two years of age before it can be categorized by their organization as to its probability NOT to develop dysplasia. Hip grades of excellent, good, and fair are WITHIN normal limits and given a certified OFA registration number. Even achieving an OFA certification number doesn't guarantee that the dog will not develop dysplasia later in life, especially if a strong genetic precursor exists. Furthermore, nutrition does play a small role, but not as significant as body mass in relation to bone development.

Any vet, even the OFA itself can positively diagnose symptoms of dysplasia at any age if displayed or presented as such. Deserving to loose his/her license. . . .give me a break!!
Jed Prendergast
Wellington, CO
Catman
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Catman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Tim
No I just figured you out a little tiny bit too late, but it will be YOU who loses in the end. You've ripped off too many individuals, and I guarantee that will come back to you in the future. Your future as a breeder / seller is already in the toilet. Your reputation as a decent individual will shortly follow.
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby liontracker » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Well Catman - there you go. I knew if I gave you enough rope that you would hang yourself. A few of the guys who know the deal between you and I,flat out told me to tell you to go to hell on this. I did not do so...did I? Even after all the shots you took at me and egged on the crowd. I just stayed quiet and read your words and forged on. When I told you that I felt sorry for what happened to you and that I would get you another pup for your loss, I meant it. So now that your pup is 8 weeks old, should I deliver it straight to your house, or meet 1/2 way again?

Return to “Gascon / Old Fashion Blueticks”