blue tick cameron female finished what to do

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

blue tick cameron female finished what to do

Postby lifreediver » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:01 pm

a freind has a female cameron hound runs gd but in a long race falls behind n will go lookin for her own bear.she runs coon n bob cat a finished dog just lackin in speed.i dont know what to do i could buy her the best dog i could aford just wonder were to go from there if breed in some time do ya think breed to a fast blue tick male the pups in time could stay in a 4 mile race with walkers or will the breed always be out run by walkers . shea a gd start dog and pup trainer just wonderin in the end will the line always b slower dont realy want to breed to a walker later in some ways its a no brainer in other ways i dont want to have the slow dogs when i go up and visit the walker guys what do yall think thanks :?:
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: blue tick cameron female finished what to do

Postby dwalton » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:45 pm

A good dog is a good dog no matter what the breed is. If you catch game and are happy with it hunt it. If you want the fastest dog in the pack to out do others get a part running dog. Why would you want to hunt your dog with others? Read your post then decide what is important to you. Dewey
fox hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby fox hunter » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:26 pm

ive had great luck crossing a cameron on my triggs got the best of both worlds with this cross
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lifreediver » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:01 pm

well called my freind now shes not up for sale hes keepin her.might be better any way i will put time and money into my walker pups but i think shes as gd as she can get.i think you always have to run with other dogs how would u know if ya had gd dogs if they were fast or slow
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:22 pm

just for future reference, fast is not better.
chilcotin hillbilly
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003065741116

Postby chilcotin hillbilly » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 pm

www.skinnercreekhunts.com
Home of the Chilcotin Treeing Piss Hounds
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:18 pm

I guess everyone has there own definition of fast and slow. If you want to run 100 pounders then by all means put some speed demons down but if you get out ran by a 400 pounder then you got some awful slow dogs. I don't think I have "fast" dogs but they tree bear with the best of them. How they run a track is more important to me than the speed they run it. In my experience, speed equates to silent running"generally", In my part of the country noise trees bear faster than speed.
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lifreediver » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:58 am

well my friend put like 8 dogs out includeinn the blue tick well they went out on a cold track and jumped the bear picked up a few dogs went to the tree 4 or 5 were there 5 miles from the bait about a hundred pound bear the blue tick was not there she dropped out well after we walked the dogs back to truck we found the blue tick treed on a coon by her self about 4 miles from were we started
well after talkin he just got her back shes fat she got out run so she went huntin n treed a coon i said i will buy her after some tought shes been on lion bear coon i seen her tree last week fine i think she will be fine and start my pups good she just outta shape and dont like big packs i will send pics thanks guy s
mn. deep dark blues
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby mn. deep dark blues » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Post some pics of her and what cameron dogs is she out of. Thanks

Return to “Gascon / Old Fashion Blueticks”