seems cammerons dont like a big pack

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

seems cammerons dont like a big pack

Postby lifreediver » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:12 am

from what i read seems like the cameron blue tick hounds like to brake away and hunt by them selfs
ferjr
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: seems cammerons dont like a big pack

Postby ferjr » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 pm

I havnt seen that in mine, but I do have a couple of plotts that do this, they will run really good with just two or three dogs but when I turn them out with my blueticks, as soon as my blueticks pass them, they will break off and go do there own thing. I dont know if my plotts just dont like to hunt behind other dogs, or like you said they just dont like to run in a big pack.
Last edited by ferjr on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cobalt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:42 pm

I don't care if dogs drop out of a race from exhaustion or age or just gets behind as long as they are still on the game you put them on, but dogs that go looking to do something else(screwing off) is a no no in my book and they would be gone quick, fast and in a hurry. If I get a split race right off the bat or some dogs tree a cub and others keep running the sow, then that's OK. Whether alone or in a pack a dog should put his all into the job at hand. The only time I could see a crowding issue is at a tree with strange dogs or from poor training.
Sometimes my Cameron bred dogs end up by themselves and it's because they've blown everything out and have the game.
There is nothing I hate more than spending my day looking for a dog that is on a tour of the countryside while other dogs are working at the job. If they aren't on the job, then they don't like the job and should be fired from the job.
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lifreediver » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 am

well my freind was sellin a nice cameron than he was keepin her then soon as he said he will sell her again i bought her well shes outta shape so drops out on a long race but will keep huntin for game shes not just runnin i will run her on bobcat in the snow and that will also let me know whats goin on then jan hogs so i guess i will see
one thing i did not know till readin post was blue ticks faster than plotts i did not know that have not seen many plotts the guys i know just dont keep them long well thats gd to know
have ya blue ticks ever been the fastest hound in the pack
ferjr
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby ferjr » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 am

outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:42 pm

If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lifreediver » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:33 am

what i ment to say is if there not in front or dumped in last they dont like chasin tails they like chasin game they dont like a track that is run all over wow i heard gd nose just startin to hear faster than some plotts but never heard thanem as bein fast hm
Bo wood
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bo wood » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:36 pm

My blueticks have real good speed they have never been left behind and have left a lot of dogs of all breed but they have Been out ran but not left and do not get out ran much I think they think if there not first then there last but I run Cameron and uchtman breed dogs
BAYED SOILD kennles
BlueTick Style
352-514-7530
lointt
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000573027209

Postby lointt » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:21 am

what breed of blueticks do you have?

Return to “Gascon / Old Fashion Blueticks”