the great GGS's

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
African
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: the great GGS's

Postby African » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am

Black Mountain
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Black Mountain » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I just read the first few posts on this tread so if I totally missed everything, I apologize. I'm with cougar hound on this one........a few years ago these dogs were the best thing to land in north America since Columbus. Now you just don't hear anything about them??? And to you big blue, everyone on this sight that posts a picture or a good story is a chest thumper including me......if the dogs I'm hunting are catching game and we are posting pictures and stories, we are stumping our chests!! I don't see what the problem is with someone asking about the latest updates on the GGS dogs. Quite honestly, I'm with cougar hound......thaws dogs were the real deal when they were six months old and now you don't hear anything about them??? Maybe they are the real deal......I'm not taking anything away from them because I know nothing about them.
Just saying you shouldn't bum kick a guy because he is wondering what the latest is on these dogs.
Big N' Blue
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Big N' Blue » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:54 pm

you might want to do a little more research on cougarhound before you question other peoples ancestry! The french hounds are doing fine. Thanks for your concern! They have great qualities and will not suit everyone in all conditions, just like any hound.
bchoundman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 1296843432

Postby bchoundman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Okay im a cougar hunter and i dont know much about the african cat hunting. I was just curious if these leapords tree and if so, are there pics of these great dogs treeing.
scoham

Postby scoham » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:36 am

I hit a cat 30 miles south of Kansas city, Mo that looked just like the ones in this guys photobucket picks. It was a little bigger than a farm cat. Turned it over to DNR because I'd never seen one before. He said it might be a cross from a African cat. The pictures in the link are the first ones I've ever seen other than the one I hit. Long thin needle canines and pointed ears, the rest looked like a domestic cat.
African
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby African » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:59 pm

African
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby African » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Jimmy Lee
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Jimmy Lee » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:07 pm

I fined this post very interesting.wish I was around
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Maybe I should start a new topic but does anyone know if the canine DNA companies that will test the DNA of your dog have any of the GS or other French scenthounds in their database? I saw that they have Blue tick, but that wouldn't be pure/straight French DNA, would it?

I am curious as to how that might change some of the DNA test results that some hounds might get, eg Walkers, etc. I recently have gotten very interested in the performance of the GS and some of the old breeders like the Lee's, Green, Goswicks, etc., the blood/crosses they used and how it made better trailing southwest hounds. I was wondering if some of you might be able to help. This topic, to me, is one of the more interesting to follow on BGH.

Return to “Gascon / Old Fashion Blueticks”