Spring Bear!!!!!

Talk about Bear Hunting
BigGameHunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Spring Bear!!!!!

Postby BigGameHunter » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:25 pm

A few weeks now and we will be hittin it hard. The snow is coming off the lower country, the dirt is fluffing up and a few of the bears should be starting to venture out any time. This is my favorite time of year. Bears poping out and the lions are all concentrated on those lower south facing slope. The dogs strike on a walk and you don't know if you've got a blackie or a long tail. I, for one, can't wait! Access into the higher country roads won't be had for a while but that's what legs and horses are for. BRING ON THE BEARS!!!
:) :) :)

Anyone seen anything out?
Ike

Re: Spring Bear!!!!!

Postby Ike » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 pm

I hear you talking and am looking forward to the coming months with great anticipation. That good old dry, fluffy dirt is really hard to beat isn't it BGH? Nothing like driving along and having the hounds strike on the box, then putting them down to see what they have....a lion? ....a bear? both are great fun! Good luck in the coming months.

Ike
BlacktailStalker
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby BlacktailStalker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Our season opened today.
Had 5 or 6 solid strikes yesterday down low by the river, cant wait to get after them.
Skunk cabbage is in full bloom now.
BigGameHunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BigGameHunter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:21 pm

Well Blacktail there is nothing in bloom here. I'm glad someone on here is able to run some down this time of year. Our season opens this coming saturday but I don't think will be out moving around for a while. Another 12 inches of snow expected today. Oh well; I will still be out checking the early spring spots first thing saturday morning. Maybe I'll bump a lion! You just never know!

Ike, indeed this is my favorite time of year! Seems like I get to liking that early spring dirt more and more every year. Beats the heck out of wallering through that deep nasty white stuff! Maybe I am getting lazy. Good luck to you as well!
BlacktailStalker
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby BlacktailStalker » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 pm

They werent open the day we struck them. They are now though, as of Apr.1
This is all I've seen for bear sign since (2 days ago) and I've been higher up looking for cats since. Today was just a cluster f&*k of 2+ day old tracks running all which way and I couldnt figure out a fresher end for the life of me. Packed snow under the trees with steady drips, it just wasnt meant to be.

BigGameHunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BigGameHunter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Well keep us updated Blacktail and hopefully the days ahead bring more sun, less snow, fresher tracks, and more luck!
big bite
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby big bite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:06 pm

you guys are killing me. I have been blessed to hunt in Utah's spring season a number of years and it is high on my list of fun things to do. Hung out with a guide bud of mine last year for a week. We treed 10 bears in 7 days. Doesn't look like it is in the cards for this spring but it sure is good to hear of guys enjoying themselves.
Big Bite

Return to “Bear Hunting”