fast starting pups

Talk about Bear Hunting
blackandtan79
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

fast starting pups

Postby blackandtan79 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:56 am

i have two black and tan pups that are 4 months old and have been on four trees so far this training season and several runs. they can't keep up on long runs because their so small. They were on one big mean fighting bear and got holes in them to prove it and were caught with the old dogs five hours later when it crossed the road.The same bear almost killed their grandpa,daddy,and their great grandma and these pups did not care they just done their job. I posted this earlier and somehow deleted it. i don't know much about computers.
Catch
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: fast starting pups

Postby Catch » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:56 am

All that at the old age of four months????
chilcotin hillbilly
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003065741116

Postby chilcotin hillbilly » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Sounds like you have a couple world beaters there, I could use one or both if you a tired of all the hair pulling and vet bills. They wouldn't be outcrossed to a Dogo would they?
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
Home of the Chilcotin Treeing Piss Hounds
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:11 pm

A pup on bear at 4 months? I question the logic of this? Seems like a good way to get a pup killed before he knows whats it all about ? Dewey
chilcotin hillbilly
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003065741116

Postby chilcotin hillbilly » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I agree with Dewey on this one. At four months the pups can't keep up to the big dogs and are caught really easy if they find a mean bear. I start walking pups in to the tree at four months. I would be careful starting them to early and let the pups develop on their own for a few more months.
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
Home of the Chilcotin Treeing Piss Hounds
kordog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby kordog » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:24 pm

sounds like its a good thing the little buggers cant keep up.they sound like some dandys ,but i would let them grow up before they are beat up to much mentally and physically .early starting is great having them pummeled at an early age is not.a puppy grows in stages and so should their training.
blackandtan79
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby blackandtan79 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 pm

hillbilly i was just letting them follow me through the woods the old dogs had a mean one bayed i got close and was watching and the next thing i knew the pups were in there baying to. One of them got downed by the bear i hit threw a stick at it and got it off of him. The bear crossed the road about five hours later all the dogs including the pups came out full of holes. so thats how they started was on a big mean bear. now i turn them and let them run with my old dogs and get all the experiance they want. they are actually black and tan crossed with bluetick.
Catch
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Catch » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 am

These pups sound real close to unbelievable to me. Were they born on Planet Krypton, and was the great Jedi master Yoda the breeder? Just curios!
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:26 am

Damn, and I thought mine were doing good and showing a lot of natural ability keeping the deer and housecats out of the yard at 4 months old!!

He's probably like one of my freinds who has a dog a month older than one of my own. He was born in January of this year... He told me the other day "Man this pup I got is doing good for a 5 month old" :beer Houndsman math skills and logic are a little lacking
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds
blackandtan79
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby blackandtan79 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:59 am

the pups were born May 6 2011 you do the math. They have the wounds to prove it. these pups have been in the woods since they were big enough to walk. if people i hunt dogs and pups every night in training season except Sunday and everyday through hunting season instead of sitting on the computer and talking about it. I just wanted to share how well these pups were doing. I guess the ones that sit in the truck drinking coffee while their dogs are out are getting jealous or something. I never said they were finished dogs they can't keep up on a running bear but they do come out on the bear track barking. And they will stay on a bear that walks and bays up. I'll keep working with them while ya'll sit here and get carpal tunnel talking about yours.
kordog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby kordog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:43 am

ive seen pups do stuff at 4months that will make you smile so i believe him .this is not the norm ,but it certainly happens with some pups.catch the way you talk about how gritty your hounds are i figured they started at two months. :wink:
shawn cole
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby shawn cole » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:58 am

black n tan you tell um get out and get in there with them pups and they see the same game we dont have many places on the east coast where you can watch a bear bay a mile away kinda hard for a man to get in close and personal as thick and nasty as is here without a ballsy pup getting in on the action i guess
Outlaw 3
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Outlaw 3 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Keep up the good work and keep them in the woods. They may get killed, but if they were gonna get whipped they already would have. You will see them really shine when they grow enough to keep up.
Chris Henderson
Outlaw Hounds
http://www.outlawhounds.webs.com
blackandtan79
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby blackandtan79 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 pm

The day that they started on that mean bear i walked them about two miles through the ivy thickets. see i can't sit and listen to mine fight a bear and not get in there and watch what each dog is doing. I was close enough that the bear tried tom run me down twice.A bear is the only game these pup have seen so far. I was gonna mess with them on a coon but when they started baying that bear i decided not to.
houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby houndnem » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 am

"Houndn'Ems Blueticks" if it smells like a cat, they'll catch it.

Return to “Bear Hunting”