Houndsmen Of Utah

Talk about Bear Hunting
Bplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Houndsmen Of Utah

Postby Bplott » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 am

Will there be :beer :beer :beer :beer served at this meeting of the minds?????
IF IT SQUATS TO PEE, LET IT BE....
kk
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby kk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:37 am

Utahmule,
Good job with the meeting, Thanks for taking the time to prepare everything and set the meeting up.
houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby houndnem » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 am

the meeting went as well as it could considering......... saw a couple light bulbs go off in the biologists heads. thanks to all who made the banquet possable, it was a great time and we appreciate you guys putting a dog in the fight for us!
"Houndn'Ems Blueticks" if it smells like a cat, they'll catch it.
UtahMule

Postby UtahMule » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:50 am

I would like to thank every one who attended the banquet and meeting I apreciate every one being professional at the meeting yet letting your voices be heard. Woundering how many houndsman would be interested in a meeting to talk about our options and what we feel is the biggest issues.
Thanks again
R Corvin

Postby R Corvin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm

GUYS , LETS FACE IT WE ARE LIVE IN THE YEAR 2012 AND NOT 1912 IN OTHER WORDS THERE IS A LOT MORE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD AND I'M SAD TO SAY THAT IF WE AS HOUNDSMEN DO NOT STARTCOMING TOGETHER AS A GROUP OF INDIVALS( AND I CAN'T SPELL) WE ARE DOOMED FLAT OUT END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!! U GUYS THINK THAT IT IS JUST IT UTAH WRONG IT IS HAPPENING IN EVERY STATE IN THE UNION TO SOME DEGREE OR OTHER. IF WE CAN'T FIND HAPPY GROUNDS WE ARE ALL DOOMED. THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE BAMBI HURT ARE IN FULL ARGEMENT THAT THEY ARE GOING TO STOP US ANY WAY THEY CAN........... GUYS WE HAVE TO STOP AND COME TOGETHER OR WE ARE FINISHED.......RON
kk
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby kk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:29 am

I would be interested in meeting. Let me know if we can get it set up. It can't be in May. Late March, Early April or June would be good.
Thanks
BigGameHunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BigGameHunter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:08 pm

I was unable to attend the meeting due to a . Hope it went well. The houndsmen in the central region are getting together as many as we can on Tuesday night, March 27th to talk about and impliment ideas on how we as houndsmen can police ourselves. I just looked at the division report and it looks bleek. 28 females on just this one eco-region already. Most of the other eco-regions are getting close to closing down because of female harvest. Keep in mind folks that this does NOT include females that the division deems as sub-adults. A few more years like this and the Cougar in Utah will be an endangered species. The division is NOT going to look out for our interests. That is clear. We need to police ourselves. This meeting is a step towards doing so.
Place: Mt Pleasant Rec Center
When: Tuesday March 27, 2012 at 7:00

Spread the word. The last meeting was to try to get the division's attention.This one will be exclusivly for ideas on how we can better police ourselves. Remember WE have the dogs, therefore; WE have control.

Anyone wanting a ride from Emery or Carbon Counties give me a call...435-749-0060
houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby houndnem » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:46 pm

looking at what hsus is doing in california now wanting to outlaw pursuit of bears and bobcats. now is the time for us to come together. we need to get to as many meetings as we can and get on the same page. the most frustrating part is that everybody has time to go kill lions, but not enough to make it to a meeting. I called over 30 people to go to nephi with me and I got 2. they were all too busy. as for policing something that is perfectly legal, I like your thinking but not sure how your going to accomplish that.
BigGameHunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BigGameHunter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:56 pm

For starts by making a distinction between perfectly legal and ethical. We can choose to sit around on the sidelines and watch as the sport we love is demolished or we can choose to take a stand and make a difference. It started in the north with the lions getting demolished, now its happening here. Where do you think it's headed to next?
houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby houndnem » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:03 pm

UtahMule

Postby UtahMule » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 am

Ill be at the meeting let me no if you need any thing.
UtahMule

Postby UtahMule » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:33 am

info on the 4 manti units under the split go to the dwr website look up board and rac aug 19-20 2009. page 15 justin shannons comment, pg 16 Kevin Bunnels coment,pg 19 Director karpowits comment, altho the biolagy shows not a lion problem we still go to a split should be put back to L/E. if you look at the motions 0n number 9 the board voted to make it a straight up harvest objective and it passed but then they moved to change it to a split.
Young Guns

Postby Young Guns » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Houndnem haven't u killed a couple females this year yourself?
Neff
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Neff » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 pm

BGH,
This is great what you are trying to do with your meeting in Mt. Pleasant as we from Sanpete County have been hurt more than anyone. I do believe that we houndsmen and I mean all of us need to come together and decide how to move forward with the issues. However it will do no good to have several different groups with several different ideas. The strength will come from us all being united as one large group. Lets all come together with a plan that we can all agree on. It is time for everyone to get together for a common cause and a common purpose, if we don't life as we know it will come to an end very soon. See ya at the meeting.

Young Guns,
Lets try to focus our energy on figuring how to change what has happened here with our Lions and is starting to with the Bear. We have to come together this is not the time to fight amongst ourselves.

I was also thinking we should ask the UDWR why the LE Deer and Elk units can't work like the Lions, LE for the first half of the hunt and general season for the last half. Like the Hennry's for Deer and Pahvant for Elk. simply amazing is'nt it.

God Bless the Houndsmen.
Dead Cats Don't Make Tracks.
Young Guns

Postby Young Guns » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Well thats the problem with this state. Everyones about keeping this sport around but u put a few bucks in front of some peoples face and females are hitting the dirt. Its not about our sport everyone is about themselfs and who has bigger balls and what my dog can do.

Return to “Bear Hunting”