Idaho Houndsmen Assn.

Talk about Bear Hunting
The Ole' Guy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Idaho Houndsmen Assn.

Postby The Ole' Guy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Check us out in clubs and organizations,Things are improving in a positive direction!
Mackdog

Re: Idaho Houndsmen Assn.

Postby Mackdog » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 pm

What do you guys do that would make me want to join?
oregonblues
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby oregonblues » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 pm

well i a, not on the board but they put on a good quilty trial and it great fun for family and kids we have our own club but love to go to there events as well
it all about the dogs
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:07 pm

I will having nothing to do with a trail or competition, I know how my dogs hunt. Do they work with IDFG to open more pursuit seasons and promote hound hunting?
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 pm

:shock: :shock:
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:33 pm

What I was trying to say is I have no interest in trials or competitions. If I join, what is the benefit to me besides the competition based hunts?
Lance Bell

Postby Lance Bell » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:33 pm

If you really want to know what they are doing get ahold of Tim hunt on here he's the v.p. The biggest thing I see and why I will pay dues is that they are hunter minded and are going in the direction to help represent us and our rights, the every body come get a trophie additude is no longer there and I am glad to see it go. I think these guys will do a good job.
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Well, I looked at their website. I like that they are family oriented and promote youth education, but they are also primarily focused on competition based hunts.

One thing I noticed, NO information about HJR 2a, the amemendment to the Idaho constitution that gives Idaho citizens the right to hunt and fish. It has passed congress and will be on the November ballot. That bothers me.

Thanks to NRA-ILA, the amendment has passed through the house and senate. If voted on and passed, environmentalists will have to fight the state constitution to affect hunting, trapping and fishing rights.
beardogger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby beardogger » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:55 am

Field trials are retarded!!!! IHA needs to get more involed with IDFG and needs to be a voice for houndsmen in politics!!!!
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:01 am

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.
Jason wall
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Jason wall » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:23 am

The question is not what is the club gonna do for you, its what are u gonna do for the club!!!! If u don't like events get involved an help change the agenda. Jmo...
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:40 am

If I join, I pay my dues, thats what I do for the club. Not really interested in driving 6 hours to hear a bunch of trial stories. Its pretty hard to change peoples minds when they are set in their ways and trials just aren't for me.
T.Hunt
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby T.Hunt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Sorry it has taken me a while to reply. Mackdog. We are in the process of changing a lot of things in the IHA. One thing we have not got around to yet is changing the web site. The IHA was origanally assembled to support hound hunting, by getting involved with fish and game, and other agencies, also promoting ethical hunting practices. The events were the last thing on the list. They were intended to be a function for the members to get together, and have a little fun, and raise money for the club to fund the next threat to our sport.(This is what we are trying to get it back to.) Over the past several years, the club has turned into a trials club, and someone has put that definition of the club on the website. We are having a board meeting tomorrow, and the web site is first on the list. There are new people leading the IHA this year, and we are going to get this club back on track. With that being said. There is going to be a learning curve for us as well. Tim.
IDAHO HOUNDSMEN ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT: TIM HUNT
PHONE: (208) 850-7192
E-MAIL: tim@giantproduce.com
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:55 am

Thats good to hear Tim, do you guys do anything up North? I'm been thinking about talking to fish and game and see what it would take to open a spring/summer pursuit season in unit 8, after the kill season and the rifle hunters are out of the woods. It would be nice to have a well put together organization to help with that, or at least give me a better idea of what I'm getting into. Thanks for the info.
cowboy32
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 510855063

Postby cowboy32 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm

This is just my opinion, but if all you are going to do is gripe about what the club is not doing, personally I wouldn't want you to join at all. If you really want to get involved with the government, then write your senators and representatives. Get their take on the bills and then monitor them to make sure they are being honest with you. By law, every vote is posted for the publice to see. You can see which congressmen voted on each and every bill that goes through the state. If you don't like the way they voted, write the senator about it. If they lie to you on an issue, then tell every single person you know and make sure to spread the word about them being a liar. With today's politicians, none of them want to be known as a liar. I write emails and letters at least once a week to not only Idaho's congressmen but to several other states as well. You do not have to be part of an organization to make a difference in the government. After all, you have the right and ability to vote.

Return to “Bear Hunting”