What works ? What don't?

Talk about Bear Hunting
pchop
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000451060997

What works ? What don't?

Postby pchop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 am

As bear season is about to start here in california I am in the market for a telemetry tracking system . So what works in the mountains of californian and what don't . And why! :beer
Jason Rohrbach
El Sobrante C.A
I just love hunting with dogs!
bowtech36
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: What works ? What don't?

Postby bowtech36 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:36 am

We seem to find that blue box's are the best. With a yagi you can get out real long range. They awesome and easy to use. Another option is the quick track 5000, it's orange and hand held. I have a tracker maxima 5000 and there nice because there there small but only really good for coon hunting or when your looking for a dog while your walking. So my opinion blue box.
Mike Beaudette
FullCryHounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby FullCryHounds » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:30 am

Wildlife materials box and Johnson collars are used by more guys then any other combination. Must be a reason. Marshall is also one to look at.
Dean Hendrickson
Pine, CO.
Rocky Mountain Wildlife Studios
rmwildlifestudios.com
ol'guy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby ol'guy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm

have wildlife system 4sale 4collars box att.mabey some old collars? x-coax 400$3 collars use replacable batt. other new sealed batt.if intrested call 802 793 3950
lepcur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lepcur » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm

I used the wildlife equipment for years and it worked well, then about 12 years ago I switched to the magnum telementry eqip. because the mt 8000 box picks up all freqs. and the collars are stronger. A plus is that a family of bear hunters are the people that make them. Mike
I hunt the Leopard spotted bear dogs
http://bearmtnguideservice.webs.com/
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:11 am

Wildlife Blue Box and Marshall Collars. Magnum Collars would be second choice if you can't afford Marshalls. I have Tracker Maxima for a handheld if I have to have something to carry with me. I have heard Marshall Boxes are nice, never had that much money. The Magnum MT 8000 is a nice one too if you can find them.
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds
ZeluvaRIP69er
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby ZeluvaRIP69er » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:13 am

I don't live or hunt in California, but I too have the same combination of a Wildlife 2000 Blue Box and a Tracker Maxima 5000. I run mostly Johnson collars with a few Kleins collars. The Blue Box is virtually indestructable, I have seen them run over with a back-hoe and the paint barely get chipped. Dropped off cliffs, thrown around, Ect. I am pretty sure they would make good protection if someone came at you, a good *SMACK* with the Bluebox and it's lights out I'm sure lol.

The bluebox I have is the one my dad had when I was growing up and learning to use the box, it's just been sent in and new batteries, recalibrated, and a new speaker put in, but I am 21 years old, and the box is prolly 18 years old easy.
Nikki Anderson "Billy Bonny"
Hair Of The Dog Outfitters
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels
R.I.P Greg Anderson *6/4/59-10/17/09*
R.I.P Cabo *10/13/04-11/20/08*
R.I.P Dirty Deeds *10/4/05-3/15/10*
Nice Toyota's, Good Plotts, Loud Music, Fresh Copenhagen Long Cut, Cold Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper, and Great Friends... Combine them all and you get what my life is all about :)
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels, home of Shuttah, Socki, Lonesome, Oakey, Deets, LeDoux, Ruger, Camo, and Gator :)

Return to “Bear Hunting”