Tn season

Talk about Bear Hunting
Hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Tn season

Postby Hunter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Well, the TN bear season has been pretty good for myself and my dogs so far. My shooters have taken a few and we've let several go and several have gotten away either into the park or safety zones. The biggest bear treed I would guess was over 300# but didn't get killed due to the shooter and, only 1 taken has been a sow bear. I had to fill my dang tag on the very first bear we treed which, I didn't want to do because we can't carry a gun on the bear hunts in TN once we fill a tag. The shooter made a bad shot before I had all the dogs tied and the dog caught the bear and it started eating him up and I couldn't get the hunter to get in and kill the bear at point blank so I had to.

This year I started writing down the distance from the time the dogs started the track until the bear treed and most were right at 1 mile. The shortest race was 250 yards and the bear was a 200 # boar bear. The longest was 8.7 miles on the big bear that didn't get killed. I also kept track of how long the dogs were treed until the shooter got there and we determined if they were going to take it or let it go. The shortest time the dogs were on the tree was 1 1/2 hours and the longest was 17 hours but, they averaged about 4 hours. The 17 hour tree was a bear that my dogs treed at 3 pm and I couldn't get my daughter to them before dark we slept (I didn't sleep much at all but she sawed some logs) in the truck waiting on day light. I got her 200 yards from the tree the next morning and it came out and ran in front of a "stump hunter" and he killed it. She was dissapointed but, she enjoyed the experience.

Here are a few pictures and some aren't he best because of the camera I started out with. Oh, and don't pay attention to the dates they're not right and I've not taken the time to set it.

Oh, and Buddy, these dogs have those DC 50 collars that I bought from you on them. I love those things.

jughead
Facebook ID: 100007142943056

Re: Tn season

Postby jughead » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:18 pm

glad you had a good season, good pics.
oswald
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Tn season

Postby oswald » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:57 am

nice pictures, are your plotts any certain bloodline or a mixture of several?

Return to “Bear Hunting”