WI bear season 2014

Talk about Bear Hunting
TrophyHusband
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

WI bear season 2014

Postby TrophyHusband » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Well, today was opener for dog runners and we got rained out. There is standing and running water everywhere. Anyone out there get to run or was everyone rained out?
wiwalkerman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: WI bear season 2014

Postby wiwalkerman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:36 pm

what area do you? As I sat at work today in the rainy, misty weather I was wondering how it was going for the "lucky ones" that got to hunt. weekend hurry and get here.
Nolte
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Nolte » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Opener was a complete washout for us. I had a rehit bait that was less than 2 hours old and you couldn't even see a print in the sand. Tried it with a couple dogs and only got a couple barks. I figured that was a good enough indicator to call it a day. Our rivers are starting to come down now but they were ripping. It's not good when there is current above the banks in the bottoms. :mrgreen:

Conditions have gotten better and I've heard of most groups getting some bear. Haven't heard of any turbos yet but a few nice boars in the 3 to 350 range. Plenty of minis to make trailing a decent one tough though.
TrophyHusband
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby TrophyHusband » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:23 pm

they havent been hitting the baits very steady. we are contending with ripe plums, milky corn, apples and everything else ripening right now. best luck was finding fresh track around a corn field.

Return to “Bear Hunting”