Tennessee Oct season

Talk about Bear Hunting
Hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Tennessee Oct season

Postby Hunter » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Both my kids were able to take their first bears this year and what a blast we had. My 14 year old daughter was the first shooter since she's logged over 100 foot miles with me over 2 hunting and training seasons. Last year we never could get her on one during the time off school that she had. The hurrican that flooded the Carolinas done a number on us as well but, the old dog rigged in a driving rain and was able to straighten out the track. Once he got it hot enough the young dogs ran him down like heat seeking missles and as luck would have it treed him 260 yards off the road with a flat trail right to him.

It wasn't a giant, only weighing 130 pounds dressed but, she was more than happy to take him.

Next up was my 9 year old son. He feeds and waters the dogs every day and they have a real connection. He's not been able to go very much but, he did walk 10 miles round trip to a yearling cub that we treed on Sunday. He was disappointed that he couldn't take it but, rules are rules and I wasn't sure that it would have made the 75 pound mark to make it legal. On Wed we were able to get him within 400 easy yards of his bear. He made a lethal shoulder shot but, then made a shot that impressed everyone. 1 inch low of the eye to which later he said "I believe that gun is a little off" ...... He's a super sharp and quick witted kid for his age. His bear weighed in at 155 pounds .......so now the sibling rivalry has begun for next year already.
I felt bad because I forgot my phone in the truck and only got this picture but, my friend took plenty with his camera.
The ride home usually looked like this every day.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
bearsnva
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Tennessee Oct season

Postby bearsnva » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Congratulations to the whole group! It is great to see a family enjoying hunting together and being successful to boot. What you folks have done together is something the non hunters and antis can't even imagine and will never experience. Great story and pictures, thanks for sharing them.
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby not color blind » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:43 pm

bearsnva wrote: Great story and pictures, thanks for sharing them.
X2
bearcrzy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bearcrzy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:35 pm

Them pictures say it all. Two of my kids had tags this year and we didn't get the biggest ones but was a supper year. Nothing better than see your kids with them big old smiles
Phil White
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Phil White » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Great post of your family experiences...good that your kids have to put in the miles and contribute...they will never forget these early years as a family! Later, Phil
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:24 am

Great story.
easttntrapper
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby easttntrapper » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:41 am

Good job on getting the kids involved!