Postby bluedog123 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm glad ur dogs don't trash
tom
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: how do u know if ur running a bear

Postby tom » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Well at least not that I'll admit to.
Ive been trying to hunt more lions in the dirt during the summer the past few years and have had a lot more what the heck are we chasing races than i did snow hunting. It seems to me that once I learned my dogs better they run different animals different ways. It seems like when they blow out of their going balls out its either a short jumped race that we tree quick or if it goes very far it's trash. The straighter the line and the further it goes the higher the possibility of it being a real nice doe.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:03 pm

And if it really gets to going straight over ridges after ridges your probably on a nice cow elk . lol
Hunt hard cull hard !
bluedog123
Facebook ID: 0

Postby bluedog123 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:14 pm

Well my b and t struck it and she never strikes or runs trash she has ran a moose before. But as soon as I dumpedbthe box they all went balls to the walls never shutting up it ran kinda straight but made turns crossed the rd a couple times went up over a mt side and they treed or bayed it up in the drainage draw on the other side. I not think they woulda ran a cow or moose far enough for it to get tired so idk all I can hope is they treed I guess. But it wasent by any means a straight line there were bends and curves but Idk I guess. The clearing they struck in I have seen bears in before. So I guess there's no telling
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 am

bluedog, your race was probably a bear.

Don't underestimate a moose race they can run for miles most times they bay up but sometimes they will put on major miles before baying up.

If you hunt close to major bodies of water deer & elk if pressured enough will take to the water to escape otherwise they seem to leave the country :roll:
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:09 am

bluedog123
Facebook ID: 0

Postby bluedog123 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:16 am

I have ran grizz before I gaurentee it wasent a grizz. But coulda been a moose. My b and t is really choppy and barks real hard on trees my plott and blutick will tree hard for a min then shut up then tree hard then shut up. I'm think what ever it was it was in a tree because that's what they did the two would shut up and then I'd hear um a min or two later I would thing if they bayed a moose up there wouldent be quiet very much but he'll what do I know haha the night before they got a bear. It makes for a long night when ur just out exercising but luckily I always put collars on my dogs

Return to “Bear Hunting”