Montana Problem Bears

Talk about Bear Hunting
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Montana Problem Bears

Postby dhostetler » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:25 am

To my Montana friends who cower in there homes while bears rampage through there property and the hounds are going wild. You do have the right under the law to chase the bear with your hounds. Below is the law:  

87-6-404. Unlawful use of dog while hunting. (1) Except as provided in subsections (3) through (6), a person may not:
     (a) chase any game animal or fur-bearing animal with a dog; or
     (b) purposely, knowingly, or negligently permit a dog to chase, stalk, pursue, attack, or kill a hooved game animal. If the dog is not under the control of an adult at the time of the violation, the owner of the dog is personally responsible. A defense that the dog was allowed to run at large by another person is not allowable unless it is shown that at the time of the violation, the dog was running at large without the consent of the owner and that the owner took reasonable precautions to prevent the dog from running at large.
     (2) Except as provided in subsection (3)(d), a peace officer, game warden, or other person authorized to enforce the Montana fish and game laws who witnesses a dog chasing, stalking, pursuing, attacking, or killing a hooved game animal may destroy that dog on public land or on private land at the request of the landowner without criminal or civil liability.
     (3) A person may:
     (a) take game birds during the appropriate open season with the aid of a dog;
     (b) hunt mountain lions during the winter open season, as established by the commission, with the aid of a dog or dogs;
     (c) hunt bobcats during the trapping season, as established by the commission, with the aid of a dog or dogs; and
     (d) use trained or controlled dogs to chase or herd away game animals or fur-bearing animals to protect humans, lawns, gardens, livestock, or agricultural products, including growing crops and stored hay and grain. The dog may not be destroyed pursuant to subsection (2).
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Montana Problem Bears

Postby mark » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 pm

You must of pissed some yuppies off.
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:58 pm

mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Oh i thought you might have run one through the Gazebo lol
406hound
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby 406hound » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:56 am

Is there a law regarding me doing some sod busting and putting a dozen gardens or so in on national forest?.... which I would have to weed and protect from varmints. I do love fresh vegetables.
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:18 am

406, must not be, Mark has a mountain side planted with that special weed on national forest....go for it.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:32 am

Mondo, i live in Oregon. I can grow like 20 plants on my own property and that keeps me high,providing my Wi Tx and Nv friends dont show up to often.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:04 am

Lol
Hunt hard cull hard !

Return to “Bear Hunting”