Babbly young dog question

Talk about Bear Hunting
Rshcwisdom
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Babbly young dog question

Postby Rshcwisdom » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:19 pm

I have a young female that is just over a year old, she is doing very well and making races. Her biggest downfall is as soon as you let her out of the box into a race she is barking with every breath. I hate a dog that barks out of place and really prefer dogs that don't bark till they get to the other dogs. My question is do you think she will grow out of this? Is she just young and over excited? As far as I know her parents weren't like this but don't know much about other dogs in her past.
VARMIT HUNTER
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Babbly young dog question

Postby VARMIT HUNTER » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:56 pm

I have one female who will babble when turned loose with strange dogs but when taken by herself or her litter mates pack mates will not babble at all she is the only one like that her sisters do not babble even when cast with strange dogs her sire and dam nor did her grand sire and grand dam babble either. None of them bark in the pen or in the box. just one dog out of 6 generations and only with strange dogs. So one guess is has good as any. she only does it for about a minute however.
Rshcwisdom
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Rshcwisdom » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Thanks for the input. I have raised this pup from birth. She has been around my pack since then. She barks like this even while roading behind the four wheeler. Yesterday she fell out of a race and she started back tracking towards where I turned her in. I go to that spot to wait for her and she is barking coming out on the back track. It's like if she is running she is barking. Hoping she is just an over excited pup and she grows out of it.
VARMIT HUNTER
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby VARMIT HUNTER » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:18 am

IS she out of the same stock of dogs you have in your pack or is she something for an out cross in the future?
Rshcwisdom
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Rshcwisdom » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am

Not the same blood. She is a plott, everything else I have is running dog crosses.
VARMIT HUNTER
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby VARMIT HUNTER » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Mine have a little Trigg and Running Walker in them, we put the first dose of Plott blood Poacher bloodline in ours this year they are 5 months old real smart acting and not real yappy mine is tied to a 20 ft cable in front yard right now only barks when a stranger pulls up or feeding time.

I know this much I can not stand a babbling or a back tracking idgit no matter what breed , I can't stand one that barks in the box on the cable or in the pen either.
CRA
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby CRA » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Nothing a Garmin neck massage can't get under control.

Return to “Bear Hunting”