Bear transmits infection to dog?

Talk about Bear Hunting
brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Bear transmits infection to dog?

Postby brycejohnson » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:46 am

I just got the results today. OSU’s equipment covers 18 more diseases then the local vet could. (The vet I took him to this time is a pretty nice/pricey vet.) So far all tests have come back negative. Not a tick disease, or a fungal disease, or a bacterial infection, not heartworm, had his liver and kidneys tested, all their numbers are good, thyroid numbers are good too. Basically the vet said they couldn’t help us and would recommend me to a different vet in OKC.
Bryce Johnson 760-977-1414
brycejohnsonspainting@hotmail.com
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:26 pm

I’ve seen several instances down here of dogs contracting from hogs, or at least that seemed to be the common denominator in all cases, and the symptoms they showed are Eerily similar, no types of external wounds and each dog came into contact with a hog, in one case two different dogs died, the hogs died as soon as he was caught, it was middle of the summer and he didn’t look the least bit poor so at first we thought he died of a heat stroke...
brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby brycejohnson » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:20 pm

Hey Goose, you think it was trichenellosis?
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:17 pm

brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby brycejohnson » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Digger

Postby Digger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:29 pm

All my life I wanted to be somebody, I now realize I should have been more specific.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am

Henefer-hound-hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Henefer-hound-hunter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 pm

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:50 pm

[quote="Henefer-hound-hunter] She gets a little more sore every week because I can’t afford to leave her home. Would your foot mixture help with this? Or any other ideas?
Thanks[/quote]

Depending on what her role is: we used to have to hunt the crust if we were going to hunt at all. There was no question IF, it was how long will it take to destroy their feet and ankles. So we taped feet and ankles. We used duct tape. But can be slippery depending on if you turn the outside layer out or not. I would like to try the athletic cloth tapes to see how they do, or some rubber tape, but When I remembered it I didn’t need it and when I needed it I hadn’t remembered it. It was show up, go back home, or tape them up with what I had. It slows them down though. Some dogs hate it some don’t seem to even notice it. We have caught bobcats this way, but percentages go down. Not as far down as leaving them in the box or at home though.

If you do not rely on her for extreme speed on a jump, she will do very well with taped feet. You have to be careful to flex the ankles an press the feet out flat as you tape it or it will end up binding and restricting too much.

If it is snowy or icy and you are in bluff country, I wouldn’t do it unless I found some good friction tape.

Sled dog mushers use about $1,000 worth of dog booties (socks) for every major race. (They have to be changed out a couple times). We tried these also, but tape was free of problems and sled dog socks had a couple problems we never quite solved.

There is a product wal Mart sells called “miracle foot repair”. It is aloe Vera based and soothes and does speed healing of any skin issue (ankles/ between toes) if you can keep her feet protected. It is made for humans and is in the drugstore part.
Henefer-hound-hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Henefer-hound-hunter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Ok thanks I’ll try anything at this point!
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 am

perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Goose,
Turpentine is amazing for soreness, cut your finger, dip it in turpentine, will burn but soreness gone. I use it on dogs for soreness time time
Also is a good worm medicine when all the expensive brands fail to fix your dog.
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 am

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:24 am

I always thought of turpentine as a solvent for thinning paint, and it is. I guess artists who use paint prefer it.

But I did not know it was an old time remedy for many diseases. It is made from wood. People use it to worm themselves also. There are many video testimonials on you tube. Most notably an MD who got tired of her patients dying started studying turpentine as a cure. She started using it and her patients got well. She got so much grief from the drug industry she finally left the country and practices in another country but has patients from the USA.

It is amazing how many cures have been suppressed by the medical industry.

If they can’t patent it, they either pass laws against it, or vilify any doctor who dares use it.
It’s easy, create a news release labeling the doctor as a “quack”.

The tiny pharmacy here in town has turpentine on the shelf though. I got a kick out of that. It is in a little medicine bottle like a cough syrup bottle. Maybe all pharmacies carry it?

Perk, how do you administer it to your dog?

One of the ways people take it is they stack a few sugar cubes, and drip the turpentine on the cubes and take it. I did the protocol when I had lymes. Probably will never do it again as the taste is horrible. But then again, I don’t have the disease any more.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:47 am

Could the dog of possibly heat stroked?

Return to “Bear Hunting”