Bear hound for trade.

Talk about Bear Hunting
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Bear hound for trade.

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:20 am

I bought her last year out of California. She’s a 9 year old walker, about 45lbs. The man hunted fox, bear and lions with her. He said she’s been on dozens of lions, hundreds of bears and more fox than he can count. He has hunted multiple states with her, catching game in all of them. I bought her because she was slowing down and couldn’t keep up with his younger dogs. Right when I got her, she had an abscess rupture on her side, at the back of her ribs. I took her to a vet, they drained it and she healed up fine. I think it was a fox tail.

I hunted her all this winter without an issue. She’s hunted 25+ miles in a day and on more than one trip she has put on 60 miles over 5 days of hunting. She’s a jam up locator and tree dog. She’ll run and tree fox for me. She just won’t take a lion track for me. She did tree on the one lion I had her on, but that was after I walked within a few hundred yards of the tree. She’s treed a couple fox for me. She has tried to take a 2 day old bear track for me though. She has the nose, but she’s older and hunts close. I don’t hunt bears or fox.

I’m lookin to trade for an older dry ground lion hound that’s slowing down or a finished dry ground lion hound and I’ll put some money on top for the right deal. I’m in Nevada, near Reno.
Whiskey

Re: Bear hound for trade.

Postby Whiskey » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Do you still have her??
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Bear hound for trade.

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Yes sir, I do.