Offer to Utah Houndsmen.

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
Sackett

Re: Offer to Utah Houndsmen.

Postby Sackett » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 am

Last edited by Sackett on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big N' Blue
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Big N' Blue » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 am

To lighten the mood on this post a little, I think Mr. Abbot is Phillip from Survivor! :beer
timothy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby timothy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 am

Sacket, you are right. For anyone to say lions dont affect deer would just ruin any credibility we have. A true statment right now would be that lions are at a level that they are not affecting the populations anymore. We could increase the lion numbers and realistically the deer hunting would not be affected. How much of a increase, I do not know. I think the deer problem can not be blamed on one spcific thing, some areas it is humans, all areas its coyotes, some areas it is habitat, weather, vehicles....
fats

Postby fats » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 am

who the hell is this guy the kano or simmons of some rinky dink am radio show what a profesional PUD does anyone remember where simmons ended up my guess is abbott is the same class of individual
krk hunting
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby krk hunting » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Tony,

First of all, I want to say for as long as I have known you , which has only been 12-15yrs, you have never done anything for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: And thanks for the job offer but I am not looking, but I am glad to help your traffic and participation level on the site so I will continue to help you at NO charge of course, because that is the kind of guy I am. (Close Quote)

The kind of guy you are has became obvious to everyone that has read these posts for the last few days. I would be embarresed if I were you by the way I have represented myself and tried to mislead people into believing I am something that I am not. In my opionion pleople like you will never change and it is always about the SHOCK AND AWE factor when the Smoke and Mirror Factor catches up with you. Ever since you were with the Mule Deer Foundation the SFW and Christiansen Arms and Booking hunts and even Exfuze and Fusion and now your drop in the pool of a radio show. If anyone really wants to know what kind of a guy you really are, just have them go buy your book called The Hunters I.Q. and see what this guy is really all about. Quit claiming to be something for wildlife that you are NOT quit using wildlife as a stepping stone. I wish you the best of luck in your future endevors, but if you expect respect from others GIVE IT and quit shitting on others to try to get yourself to the next level you will need those people some day.

Thanks

Kevin Burgess
Product is Important but the Experience is Everlasting
Cat track
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Cat track » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I am as far away from utah as possible, but had to read this. this guy is a dick head. don't know if he nows much about wildlife but deffinetly doesn't no shit about life in general. where i come from any public figure with a mouth like that would no longer be a public figure. Hope you utah boys get it figured out. good luck
Thrill of the chase
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:25 pm

:roll: for a guy who has had his say and doesn't care what our dinky little site has to say he sure signs in often to check :joker
what wrong tony you suddenly decide you didn't want any one seeing those opinions and views you felt so strongly about you had to result to childish name calling?
blue

Postby blue » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Well I've never hunted in Utah nor do I claim to know about your populations on the deer or cougar but it is obvious as an outsider looking in what has happened here. I've never heard of this radio show and from the looks of it nor has half the people posting on here. But after a 5 page thread everyone now knows who Tony Abbot is and will now be listening to his show on the 7th. Not cause we like him or even have an interest to what he has to say but simply to see him fall and eat his words, if that even happens. If that happens or not I can not say but what I will say is that his radio show will spike in ratings that night from all the free publicity that has just happened on this site. And what a better way to get it than to come on a well known houndsmen site and make a bunch of rude statements towards the men, women and youth who support this site and the future of our hound hunting. Then to offer free female cat hunts? Just another way to get us all fired up to listen to his show to see if he will really do it or not.
And due to the fact that us houndsmen are a smaller population than most other hunting out there, all the complaining in the world won't hurt his show but us now tunning in to see what's going to come out of his mouth next will do nothing but improve his ratings and his listening population. Unfortunately bad publicity is sometimes the best and I honestly believe this is the approach he used to get it. And from reading the posts.............. he might have succeeded. This to me looks like a typical media stunt when a cerleberty has been forgotten by the public. They get themselves out there for everyone to see then do something that outrages the public. In return the public then starts paying attention to them seeing if they will keep going in a downward spiral or recoupe from their mistakes. Either way it is a good ploy to get public attention and have one's ratings go up and name noticed.
Or I could be reading this completely wrong and just wasted the last 10 minutes blowing smoke out of my A$$. :lol: :beer
Hunt with respect and live without regrets
Copper
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Copper » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

Sackett

Postby Sackett » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:10 am

http://westinstenv.org/wibio/2010/01/20 ... fic-fraud/

The Kaibab was established as a Forest Reserve in 1893 and in 1906 was designated as the Grand Canyon National Game Preserve by President Theodore Roosevelt. Today, the southern end of the plateau is in Grand Canyon National Park, while the rest of the area is managed by the U.S. Forest Service. When the Kaibab was declared a game preserve in 1906, hunting was prohibited and the federal government began an extensive predator control program. Between 1907 and 1923, an average of 40 mountain lions, 176 coyotes, 7 bobcats, and 1 wolf were killed each year. In all, only 30 wolves were ever killed by government agents on the Kaibab. Instead, the main predators were mountain lions and coyotes. The Forest Service also reduced the number of livestock permitted to graze the plateau.

In response to those measures, the mule deer herd irrupted from around 4,000 animals in 1906 to an estimated 100,000 head in 1924. As might be expected, the growing deer population severely overgrazed both the summer and winter ranges. This lead to a number of studies and reports, as well as a dispute between the federal government and the state of Arizona. In short, the Forest Service said that the deer herd needed to be reduced to prevent further range damage but the state refused to open the area to hunting. In response, the federal government claimed that it could kill deer on the Kaibab to protect habitat without a state permit. Needless to say, Arizona objected and the ensuing legal battle made it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.
(just imagine had there been lots of black bears in the mix)

http://www.extension.org/pages/8573/black-bear-overview

Bears

Black and grizzly bears prey on livestock. Black bears usually kill by biting the neck or by slapping the victim. Torn, mauled, and mutilated carcasses are characteristic of bear attacks. Often, the bear will eat the udders of female prey, possibly to obtain milk. The victim usually is opened ventrally and the heart and liver are consumed (Bowns and Wade 1980). The intestines are often spread out around the kill site, and the animal may be partially skinned while the carcass is fed upon. Smaller livestock such as sheep and goats may be consumed almost entirely, and only the rumen, skin, and large bones left. Feces are generally found within the kill area, and a bed-ding site is often found nearby. Bears use their feet while feeding so they do not slide the prey around as do coyotes. If the kill is made in the open, it may be moved to a more secluded spot.

We had a vet stop by and examine one of he calves that was killed in a meadow. He claimed the calf had a broken neck and must have been killed by a car on that dirt road? Ike and I laughed and spoke to our ADC guy who also laughed and claimed, doesn't he know that bears often slap those calves and break their necks? :wink: :wink: :wink:

And contrary to your comments I don't flip flop on my ideology about predators..... :roll: Predators have the greatest impact on the prey species and habitat and the elements come in second place.......
Bplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bplott » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:26 am

Sacket,
You seem like a highly intellegent fellow beings you hang around ike!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: next I'm sure your going to try and explain to us that bears and lion kill more deer and elk then man does in his automobiles every year!! Then go ahead and explain to us about those oil field guys going 50mph + down those oilfield dirt roads are stoping for every deer or elk that happens to be in the road!!!
IF IT SQUATS TO PEE, LET IT BE....
Sackett

Postby Sackett » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 am

http://www.nps.gov/dena/naturescience/caribou.htm

The size of the Denali Caribou Herd has fluctuated greatly over the last 80 years. It once numbered over 20,000 caribou during the 1920's and 1930's. During the 1940's through the 1960's, the herd declined to 10,000 animals but remained somewhat stable. Further declines occurred during the 1970's when numbers reached a low of approximately 1,000 animals. The herd was subject to harvest until the mid 1970's but all harvest was discontinued as a result of the precipitous population decline. Studies from the late 1970's indicated that early calf survival was very poor even though adult cows were in good condition and had adequate food resources. Predation on young calves was thought to be a major factor in the population decline. The Denali Caribou Herd has experienced some periods of growth during the last 20 years. It increased by approximately 10% per year between 1977 and 1990. By 1990, the herd numbered 3,700 animals. However, the winter of 1990-91 was very severe and set new snowfall records. The herd declined as much as 30% between 1990 and 1991, likely due to weather induced stresses and increased vulnerability to predation. Currently, there are approximately 1,760 caribou in Denali National Park and Preserve.
Last edited by Sackett on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sackett

Postby Sackett » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 am

Bplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bplott » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:46 am

Sackett,
O please don't tell Ike on me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I might be half a bubble out of plumb but at least I will stand up for hound hunting here in utah, what have you done to help our sport here in utah??? O wait you are tring to help but I'm just not sure how.
IF IT SQUATS TO PEE, LET IT BE....
Sackett

Postby Sackett » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:54 am

Return to “Lion Hunting”