Lyons Colorado guys

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Lyons Colorado guys

Postby larry » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:36 am

got a friend that just moved to Lyons, pinewood is the neighborhood. She is getting over run with lion stories from the new neighbors about lions killing dogs on porches and so on. Any of you guys in that area that can either confirm or deny the rumored overpopulation of dog eating lions in that area? Roosevelt Nat forest quota is spose to be high they tell her due to all the lions and there is a gulch named lions gulch, cause theres so many cats around ha ha! whats the real story Colorado guys?
grinner

Re: Lyons Colorado guys

Postby grinner » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:56 pm

I live right up the road from Lyons near Allenspark. Heard stories about lions killing dogs. dont know how much truth there is to all of them. my dogs stay outside and are fine.
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby larry » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Last edited by larry on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travis

Postby travis » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:53 pm

I lived in Pinewood springs in 1987 and had a friend that got a new puppy for xmas. They tied it up on the porch and within an hour it was gone....they watched as a lion yanked it off the deck. Had a neighbor who had a deer killed in her yard and drug up on the car-port by a lion.

Those were the only two encounters I had ever heard of. but I was only there three years before I graduated and left for the Navy. Not many sightings or anything else that would indicate a high lion population but then again I was there for three short years. No idea what its like now or who to talk to for a current status.

I deer and elk hunted in that area and it wasn't the popular thing to do according to the neighbors who complained so I can only imagine what would happen if someone turned out on a track in the area.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Maybe if a lion jerked some child from under the carport to the woods for dinner, they might sing a different tune??
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
Bearkiller
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bearkiller » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Don't buy the hype.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Lion Hunting”