Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
jcutler
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Idaho Fish and Game Lion Proposals

Postby jcutler » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:37 pm

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/med ... ewsID=6552

IDFG is proposing a higher lion bag limit and a longer bear season in the Panhandle. I'm not very familiar with the Northern part of the state, so I don't know how the lions and bears are doing in this area, but I do know the wolf situation. Seems like the lions are the scapegoat for the wolf problem. That's what this looks like to me anyway.

Just thought you guys would like to know, and I'd be interested to hear what anybody has to say about this.
JasonTopp
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Idaho Fish and Game Lion Proposals

Postby JasonTopp » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 am

I live in the northern part of Idaho.we don't need a longer season it needs to go to a quota system .you can hunt for days here and never find a cat to run.every since the wolves have been introduced the fish and game has been blaming it all on the cats and bears.the fish and game is going to ruin all hound hunting as we know it if we let them.pretty soon they will be closing all the seasons rather than opening them because there will be no cats left.it might be good for some that want to kill everything they tree but suck for those of us that just like to run for our dogs
Topp's High Mountain Blues
100% Cameron Bred
hvfd21walker
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby hvfd21walker » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:38 am

Same thing that Montana's FWP is doing here. They are anilating are cats. Redirecting the blame away from the wolves.
cougar2
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cougar2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:02 am

The Fish&Game can issue as many limits and tags as they want but they are not the ones filling the tags, maybe the blame is on us as houndsmen? for killing or helping someone kill that has a tag, if houndsmen want game to run maybe leave a few more in the tree, mainly females, I'm not here to bash on anyone and I don't always like the way the F&W does things but we do have a choice when to fill a tag, but few to many think about that I think, thats just one of my opinions, by the way the wolves were gone once and now look at them, but that's another story.

Return to “Lion Hunting”