COLORADO LION HUNTERS UNITE AND FIGHT

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

COLORADO LION HUNTERS UNITE AND FIGHT

Postby Mike Leonard » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Many of you have heard rumors of a ballot initiative in the works to end lion and bear hunting and to bring back wolves and I want to say its very true. We need your help more than ever, Wendy keefover is holding meeting and if any of you could attend and put in your two cents against her motivates, by all means. There will also be a meeting held with Ken Logan, the leading biologist in the state for mountain lion January 22nd at 2pm at the salida cpw office. If you guys could make it, that would be great.

A Special Wintersköl Naturalist Night: The Challenges of Advocating for Mountain Lion Conservation

Wednesday, January 13th, at 5:30 p.m. at the Carbondale Third St. Center, 520 S. 3rd St., Carbondale

Thursday, Junauary 14th, at 7:00 p.m. at ACES at Hallam Lake, 100 Puppy Smith St., Aspen

Speaker: Wendy Keefover, Native Carnivore Protection Manager, the Humane Society of the United States

Description: Biologists have documented that apex carnivores are the driving force for both biological diversity and ecosystem viability. Carnivores' behavior literally keep the planet healthy. Alarmingly, top carnivores are heavily hunted. In Western and Midwestern states, wildlife-management agencies sanction heavy persecution of cougars (Puma concolor) also commonly known as mountain lions or panthers. Recently, there has been a noticeable trend identified by state wildlife agencies to promote enthusiastic killing of cougars in hopes that more native game will be available for hunters. While most of the public appreciates and values mountain lions as icons of the wild, we must convince the decision makers about the necessity of lions in their ecosystems, and gain transparent public processes that includes all voices.
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
colobbcat
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: COLORADO LION HUNTERS UNITE AND FIGHT

Postby colobbcat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:12 pm

Thanks for throwing this up here Mike!

Not just the Colorado guys all of you in WYO NM and UT need to get on board with this. Not only are you at risk of them coming after you next...Where do you think all these CO guys will be headed to run if this gets through!? I know you dont want a bunch of greenies runnin in your back yards!

Neil Call

Double C Outfitters
Coyote
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Coyote » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:17 am

I just heard that a resolution from Colorado Parks & Wildlife was passed to prevent wolves from being introduced into Colorado. I'm not sure where it will go but every little bit helps.
Erik Kline
970-394-0240
akbruce66
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby akbruce66 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:33 am

For some reason it does't take many folks to stop lion hunting, here in NE all it has taken is a single person in the legislature to stop lion hunting. No data other than a guess based on SD data that we have 20 to 35 lions statewide and I think 7 or 8 killed in one year. Young lions are seen in abundance, 4 or 5 at times, Game and Parks nor the legislature sees the reproduction.
Good luck with the wolves, even without help of CO they will appear, a collared wolf from NE WYO was run over on the Pine Ridge Reservation,(Whiteclay, NE) oddly enough in the Wolf Creek drainage. In Alaska collared wolves went 600 miles, from Glennallen to the North Slope of the Brooks Range.
Since boar Grizz kill and eat cubs I am guessing the Tri-State proposed hunting will result in lots more grizz since most bears shot will be boars allowing increased cub survival.
Pandoras box has been opened and nobody can tell what will happen, it's all guesses.
NE Game and Parks didn't think lions would kill transplanted Bighorns, in spite of NM data to the contrary, now suddenly they are.
colobbcat
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby colobbcat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Last night in Carbondale we had a great turn out of approx 30 lion hunters guides and other sportsman. Wendy Keefover did not present the information she had advertised to the group assumingly because of this overwhelming presence of sportsman and ranchers. The information she is presenting to the public about lions and lion hunting is inaccurate and scewed. We brought this to her and others attention last night and she was on her heals. Anyone that can possibly make it to Aspen tonight for the second meeting in her "Educational Series on Carnivorous" Would be greatly appreciated and will help tremendously. If you need a ride let me know there are several people from all over the state going im sure we can figure something out!!
The meeting is at 7pm:
ACES at Hallam Lake, 100 puppy smith st. Aspen CO
Thanks.
leifalweapon
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby leifalweapon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:26 pm

I wish I could attend, I'm curious how lions create more biodiversity??? We have tons of lions in my area and I rarely see coons or skunks or possum anymore, the deer and hog population is at an all time low, they're hammering on everything. I think humans are the only apex predator that's capable of creating more biodiversity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Leifalweapon,

I think you are exactly right!!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
Grizzhound12
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Grizzhound12 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:11 pm

I wasn't able to make it to salida. Howard it go
(Work sucks lets go hunting)
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby 1bludawg » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:45 pm

You're starting out right by getting prepared in advance .Just keep in mind that the antis won't let the facts get in their way . They manipulate people and their emotions to get what they want.
If it comes to a vote fight them with everything you've got .You won't get a second chance .Use the same tactics they do ,if you fight fair then you'll lose .When they start running videos that show houndsmen in a bad light counter with videos of California cougar eating people.Present the facts on what a scam the HSUS runs.Show them how the deer and elk herds will be decimated by an over abundance of mountain lion.Last but not least some gruesome videos or photos of these problem animals in a snare might show these tree hugging liberals what they'll get for their yes vote. Look to Oregon for information to fight the urban voters .
Dickdragon

Postby Dickdragon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:09 pm

Reach out to every pro- hunting group you can think of to get as much help as you can.
Dickdragon

Postby Dickdragon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Should be easy to get mule deer hunters on your side. Just let them know what has happened to deer numbers in Oregon and Washington since the ban.

Return to “Lion Hunting”