lions fighting hounds at the tree.

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
nait hadya
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: lions fighting hounds at the tree.

Postby nait hadya » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:23 am

The only two lions I've killed were on the ground spitting. First one I shot over the top of my hound as I screamed at him to heel, second had a female hooked on the collar and was dragging her in to kill her. Both were young males within a mile or two of each other in busy wolf country. Multiple trees with hounds that go silent, teaches them to come down and kill?
bchoundman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 1296843432

Postby bchoundman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Where hunt is the bad for lions fighting dogs due to them fighting wolves for their kills. You kinda need a few dogs or they will have trouble.
Last edited by bchoundman on Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hound_Crazy!
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Hound_Crazy! » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:49 am

It interested me coming across this post, earlier this year I turned loose on what I thought was a decent Tom and female. Long story short I had a split race 4 dogs went south over the ridge and treed the female, I had one dog go straight up the canyon and treed. So I decided to go to him first as I got closer I figured he might be in a cave I could not here him then I got with feet instead of yards on the gps, and looked up and a young male lion was just laying on top of my dog not eating him just laying on him. We had a stare down for about 10 seconds I wasn't sure what he would do, then I grabbed my pistol and yelled and he took off but none too fast as I got there my dog was deader than a door nail looked like he was bit on the neck and head. Looking at the tree the cat had been up it but come down to kill the dog. Iv never seen this before I'm not sure if it was because he was a younger cat or what the deal was.

Return to “Lion Hunting”