New proposed AZ lion/bobcat law

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
Kenneth
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

New proposed AZ lion/bobcat law

Postby Kenneth » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:43 am

Attention hunters! Senator Steve Farley of Arizona's 9th district proposed a bill on January 24, 2017 which proposes classifying mountain lions and bobcats as part of the "protected felids" and would outlaw hunting of them by any means. The bill in Arizona is Senate Bill 1182. Please help us stop this by contacting your senators and representatives. Thanks.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: New proposed AZ lion/bobcat law

Postby pegleg » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:48 am

Well that's damn extreme given the numbers and current season.hopefully the cattlemens associations and trappers etc. Are aware and willing to stand with us
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:34 am

At the risk of sounding negative (and its not ment to be at all) writing politicians will most likley do you no good. You will need to raise money and lots of it. Find and hire a great lawyer that is into hunting and get him digging into the legalities of the bill and what its based on. See if you/he can file a lawsuit against it. You wont be dealing with people that use logic or science to make their decision if it makes it to the ballot,they will make their decision on the videos and pictures that will be shown on television commercials promoting the bill. Try to talk to someone that was involved in the fight in California,Oregon,and Washington and take their advice on what they would do different if they could do it over. All the emails and letters in the world wont make a difference as most of them will never be read by who it was sent to,just their staff will see it and after the first 100 of them they will most likley never be mentioned. You wont be in a fair fight so the quicker you can get dirty and dig up trash on the writer of the bill to dis credit him the better. Dont think for one minute that you are different than the 3 states above because liberal cougar huggers dont care what state they are from they will pile on the band wagon from all over the world in forms of contributions. Once again i am not trying to be negative,just trying to get you headed another direction besides letters and such. Send them in and as many as you can but dont let that be your only offense. It WONT work on its own.
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:54 am

It's late but here is a list of all of the Senators that are in the Senate Natural Resources, Energy and Water Committee. Luckily we probably have a few allies in that committee and in fact it's Chairman is Gail Griffin who is very hunter friendly and actually introduced a bill in 2014 to allow hunting of the Mexican Gray wolf. This bill will hopefully die in this committee.
Here are the email addresses of all of the committee members.

akfann@azleg.gov
sallen@azleg.gov
adalessandro@azleg.gov
fpratt@azleg.gov
ggriffin@azleg.gov
jburges@azleg.gov
lotondo@azleg.gov
Jpeshlakai@azleg.gov

So far, according to their listed agenda found here, https://apps.azleg.gov/BillStatus/Commi ... sionID=117, it isn't on their lists of bills to consider on next weeks meeting.

I saw on another website that on Facebook Steve Farley has more information about his ties with HSUS. He is a typical carpetbag liberal from California someone in that Tuscon district needs to run to replace him in 2018.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Time has it's way of bringing out useful information. Mark is spot on. We been down this road for decades here in Oregon.

One definite thing that remains constant, even as liberal as Oregon and California States both are,

WILDLIFE WILL BE MANAGED, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! 100% of both House and Senate voted in favor of management. 100% of the most flame throwing liberal democrats concurred! So what's the argument? I guess if you don't make it, they win!

So the question is? Arizona eliminates sport hound hunting. Does this mean all management is going to stop and be completely eliminated? The answer, No!

Every day in Oregon and California, USDA Aphis Wildlife services heads out with hounds for lion in both California and Oregon, these hound treed lion are simply eradicated - Hounds for bear in California and snares in Oregon, both are simply eradicated, landfilled or incinerated. What's the better deal? What's more humane and ethical?

For the life of me, I find it hard to grasp why no opposition in either State. Where's the lobby defending hound hunter rights? Shouldn't be too hard a case to make if you make it? To me? Looks like all the lobby wants in California is GPS to hang around the neck of a hound you can't run bear or lion with, but between sport hunters and tax paying citizens fund these programs? Is Arizona just simply wanting to expand government like California and Oregon? USDA has a place, it sure as hell isn't picking up where we are banned! Plenty of ADC work, livestock predation, trapping coyotes. Keep doing what USDA was intended to do, leave hound hunting up to sport hunters and I will get off your case!

Level the playing field....If you ever find yourself engaged in a fair fight? Your tactics suck!
duck duck goose
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby duck duck goose » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Guys,

We can all agree that this law is being proposed not on a basis of scientific fact but on a loaded basis for a dislike of hunting. Unfortunately though just knowing that does us no good. Although these representatives do not read these emails or answer phone calls directly, they still listen. Some intern in their office is tasked with counting all of the "for" and "against" calls and letters that they get on a particular issue and it is this information that they will use to help in the decision making process. We all know that politician's #1 concern is getting re-elected so if we make enough of a stink about this that they think a vote of yes on this bill will have a negative effect on their re-election campaign, they will listen.

It takes 30 seconds, if you are reading this right now, then you are sitting in front of some kind of device that can send an email. Copy and past the list of reps above in to the address bar and copy and paste this email below into the body and hit send. Alone it is probably not enough, but it is a great place to start.

Hello Representatives,

I am writing you today in regards to the proposed bill SB-1182 that is dealing with the reclassification of the Arizona Bobcat and Mountain Lion as a protected species. Arizona has an incredibly healthy and robust population of both of these species due directly to the excellent population management being done by the Arizona Game and Fish Department. I am writing you today to ask you to please oppose this measure in any form possible. Bobcats and more specifically Mountain Lions are apex predators in the food chain, which means the health of their population directly effects the health of the entire ecosystem. If we take away the ability to manage these populations from The Game and Fish Department by senselessly reclassifying these species, we are doing the entire ecosystem a disservice.

I thank you for all of your hard work in the legislative process, and I will ask again, please oppose SB-1182.

Respectfully Yours,
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Some intern in their office is tasked with counting all of the "for" and "against" calls and letters that they get on a particular issue and it is this information that they will use to help in the decision making process.

And if that intern is a liberal kitty hugger,guess which one gets the most responses? I would bet my last dollar on the "For" pile.
Im not trying to argue or piss you guys off but you dont understand what you are fully up against i dont think. You are going to see the sleeziest low down bunch of lies and the worst pictures and videos you have ever seen. And trust me when they run the nastiest ones they have it will make even the hound hunters sick to their stomach. When and if you guys get a legal offense fund figured out,post it on here and i will support it the best i can.
tman308
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby tman308 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:53 am

This law will also outlaw trapping bobcat.
Tman308

Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart, Have Fun, and take your kids with you!
ethertonee
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby ethertonee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Tie it in to money that affects the state as a whole. Deer hunting revenue for example and the fact that my. Lions kill a deer every 5 days according to the latest southdakota studies. Get the cattle association involved as well. They have deep pockets to help. Do what Trump is doing hit them in the pocket books. Tie in the taxes paid buy land owners through leasing land to hunters etc. don't just look at the sales of permits but the overall effect on the economy of your state. The other side is going to go for emotions and won't listen to science or logic. The top dogs listen when you start throwing out a billon dollars in total money the states economy from big game hunting and the idea that they are going to eliminate the ability to control one of there top predators the most efficient way.
ethertonee
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby ethertonee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Also show how California has very little deer hunting left in many areas due to passing these laws.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:07 pm

Go back and read Mikes post real close. If this thing is passed and becomes law the govt hunters and agents of the state will manage the lion population.
BAR BAR 2
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Does Arizona have a "Hunting, Fishing, Trapping" amendment in the state constitution? If so, that may help knock this bill out before it even gets started. If not though, once this legislation is defeated, that is something Arizona Sportsmen should go after.

I am not sure what I could do from up here in Wyoming, but I am damn sure willing to help you guys out if I can. I will also offer the full support of the Wyoming Federation of Houndsmen.

Tex
=2
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:50 pm

pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Well i contacted everyone I could but have to agree its a testing move and they plan on "settling" for some restriction then coming for it again it has no scientific basis other then if predators are allowed to over populate it stops hunting of all the prey species due to numbers its a much easier fight then going after deer or elk directly. What's needed is a lobbist and lawyer
Bigsky1
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bigsky1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:13 am

Y'all need a ballot initiative started and instead of working dogs for a year spend your time and money working the constituents to make the constitutional amendment that ALL hunting trapping and fishing is a constitutional right in Arizona...
Footloose of Montana tried to stop trapping on Montana public lands...we ran an add talking about needing g to poison nuisance animals where people walk dogs...Montanan's voted it down because the word poison was associated with the alternative...these people can be beaten...Ya just have to be smart and diligent...

Return to “Lion Hunting”