I need a interpreter

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Bon Plott
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: nonresident snow lion hunting trip

Postby Bon Plott » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Ruffled some feathers? Best I could come up with. Rofl??

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Fireman03
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Fireman03 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 am

Oh it's good too get the pot stirring......no offense taken. But I'm definitely interested in your slang.....rofl.........you definitely blog more than you should
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 pm

It's 1970's computer lingo.
Fireman03
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Fireman03 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Oh yea that's before my time.....hell that's before Oregon Trail I think
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:44 pm

True, That sissy trail was for soft city folks who came a lot later.

They show up and just start killing sub-adult lions and stuff like that. That trail was a real mistake in my mind. We should have built a wall over there when we had the chance.
Bon Plott
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bon Plott » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Well in the early 70s I was still playing with GI Joe dolls, which I guess was OK seeing the kids now a days play with gee I don't know dolls

SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby SASS » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:34 pm

pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:17 pm

You could always come to Arizona and dry ground coyotes. I'd have to guess that's mostly what youd end up chasing but its still better then staying home. I am interested in how it works out for you. Coyote chasing pups can really cause problems on lion and dogs encouraged to do it would be very difficult to keep running straight long enough to tree a lion in my experience
Fireman03
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Fireman03 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:25 pm

I think an anti immigration of non residents is on the horizon..............lmfaowrofl
cfanno01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cfanno01 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:26 am

From the small number of guys I know of that have gone west with cat/yote dogs from around here say treeing lion is easy once they are jumped. I would guess running lion is similar to huntin bobcat around here with dogs that run yote also. lots of yotes for every one bobcat, but for some reason it can and does work most of the time. Im not saying you wont unintentionally end up on a yote sometimes, but for the most part if you drop them on a cat thats what they will run. I'm just hoping to have fun and have a chance at a lion
blackpaws
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby blackpaws » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:09 pm

i have been watching this post for a little bit. i once was one of those guys looking to head out west to run a lion with my hounds. i went out 7 years and probably 15,000 miles of driving before i ever turned a dog loose because i finally was pointed in the right direction by a local hunter. he was nice enough to at least point me in the right direction. i have called him numerous times to thank him. now when we head out, we at least have a starting point. learned most of the area just on our own with maps and a lot of boot work. what people don't remember is that someone pointed them in the right direction in some sort of way. i live and bear hunt in Wisconsin and you want to talk about non residents. this public land in Wisconsin is over run with non resident dog hunters. when a non resident comes here with a bear tag, they are leaving with a bear. it might only be big enough to make a hat out of but they are leaving with a bear. with Wisconsin's liberal hound hunting laws, anyone can come here and hunt. for 9 months out of the year you can come here and run something. Without a license i must say. but for me to go out west, i have to have a $375 lion tag in my pocket. i don't know the bear regs out west but i would imagine it being the same. When i go out west i bring my dogs that i run on coyotes here in wisconsin and have never had a problem. YET! i run them on everything here. not worth just keeping a bear only dog, or a cat only dog, or a bear/cat dog. if you want to hunt them, hunt them on everything.

by the looks of the responses and my own experiences, i wouldn't count on much help from anyone. if you go on the fish and game websites, they have the harvest data listed and actually shows right where the lions were harvested. if you see an area where there have been several harvested, get yourself some maps of that area and learn the country. public land is open to anyone. no matter what the locals or outfitters there try to tell you. if you have any other questions just send me a PM on here.
cfanno01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cfanno01 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks for responding blackpaws. Its nice to hear yet another person that has said taking combo dogs from the midwest will work on a lion. I know its going to be trial and error and alot of learning, but you gotta start somewhere. Fortunately I've had a few very helpful guys from this forum privately come forward with a ton of good information to get me headed in the right direction and it is appreciated. There's a ton of land out there and its pretty intimidating trying to find an area to hunt without some local help.

Return to “Lion Hunting”