5 lions together

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
Stumpmaker
Facebook ID: 0

5 lions together

Postby Stumpmaker » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:06 pm

https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/ ... alifornia/

Thought I would put this out there my kids found this and showed it to me after hearing about the 3 year old kid that was attacked a few days ago in Southern California. The dad threw a back pack at the lion and it let go of the kid and went after the pack pack.
I don’t know why the California fish and game can’t and won’t stand up to the mountain lion foundation and start regulating the lion population that’s taking over the state!
emccormick
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: 5 lions together

Postby emccormick » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:50 pm

The issue is state law. They are a protected species. The other and larger problem is the Sanra Cruz Lion project. They do not want hunting so they can continue their "research." I personally do not see the sense in banning sport hunting when you have to just turn around and spend mega dollars depredation hunting and throwing the animal in garbage. That being said the ASPCS and HSUS spend a lot of lobby money on both sides of the legislative aisle.

Colorado is another idiot state regarding bear hunting. No dogs, draw only. When we lived in Durango, CO, I was friends with a CDOT worker. He told me in that area alone that CDOT picked up an average of 50 bears a year on the highway killed by cars. Seems like dog hunting might deter bear from going to town. Just my humble opinion.
Walkerdirt
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Walkerdirt » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Those lions in that part of the state are inbreed. The section of wilderness in that area has the lions locked in by freeways and cities. There is a massive lion population and no outlets for young lions to disperse. There have been several attacks in that area and lions that don't show normal lion behavior. I'm curious how man more kids need to get attacked and mountain bikers eaten before that state pulls its head out its ass. I guess I'm preaching to the quire.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 am

Walkerdirt, you’re confused about areas. The area you’re referring to, is down around LA. This article is about a mother lion with 4 half grown kittens. Basically everything from LA north, is over populated with lions. LA south is what you’re thinking of. Ca is currently conducting a population study on lions. I’m sure they’ll determine there are well over the projected 6500 lions.

Return to “Lion Hunting”