What’s your longest dry spell?

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

What’s your longest dry spell?

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:31 am

I’ve been finding sign and gettin pictures. But I just can’t seem to pick the right days to hunt. I’m always 2-4 days behind them. I think I need to quit huntin from the truck and just hunt strictly horse back. I found lots of sign back in Feb when I was. It’s just kind of a pain to haul stock around. It doubles or triples the time it takes to get to lion country.
Walkerdirt
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: What’s your longest dry spell?

Postby Walkerdirt » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:46 pm

It took me 2 years to catch my first one I caught another 4 months after that. I've only caught a few coon and fox since then. That was over a year ago. I've had a lot of fun since then and my dogs hunt hard. Finding the right track in the desert is tough but when you do and your dogs have been trailing bad tracks leading up to that they will really fly.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:47 pm

You’re right there where I am! I’ve taken most of the summer off from hunting because of the heat and work. I’m concentrating on getting a hunting truck put together right now. Hope to have it finished before summer is over.
Spencer
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Spencer » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:26 pm

we'll be expecting pictures of the rig when it's done!
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:01 pm

I’m going to be posting some! I’m having an issue with the front axle gears, the company sent me the wrong ones. I just ordered a new set today. I’m hoping they’ll be in next week so I can finish it up. Then I’ll be building the dog box. That should go much faster than the whole suspension rebuild.

Return to “Lion Huntingâ€