Biggerstaff hounds

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
Uncle Dave
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Biggerstaff hounds

Postby Uncle Dave » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:54 am

Anyone here ever get hounds or pups out of Biggerstaff? Would like to hear any experiences with them. Thanks
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Biggerstaff hounds

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:48 pm

I don't own any but my buddy in Texas has a few. I've hunted with them and all of his are very nice dogs. He just had a litter out of one of his females a few weeks ago that he's really excited about.
Northrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Northrunner » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:40 pm

In the last 2 years I have tryed 2 different pups from him, from 2 different crosses. The second pup was supposed to be from a 4th time proven cross.
I have been more than disappointed with both.
pups from him were 6 months to year old. Spayed or neutered.
I culled the first one after training for almost a year, hauled thousands of miles, shown plenty of game,etc... cats, bear, yote, fox.
Showed zero interest would act as if nothing was there at a bayup or tree.,
very timid, shy, never did stop getting motion sickness, the only thing I could say I liked was he had a big loud bawl mouth.
Steve Biggerstaff was very nice and understanding when I talked to him about this pup.
He gave me another pup to try which I’ve had for about 10 months know. This dog seems to be about the same story. Doesn’t show much interest in game or natural ability. Very timid, hard to catch type dog. Scared of its own shadow dam near lol
If anyone wants her message me
Uncle Dave
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Uncle Dave » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Northrunner- sorry to hear about your poor luck with the pups
Jwmhounds1986

Postby Jwmhounds1986 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:34 pm

I’ve been around 2 my buddy had one and he was a pretty nice dog cold nosed good grit but was pretty good at taking a track backwards I had one male and he was cold nosed good tempered great track dog but was as cowardly as they come was afraid of raccoon and ferals and I ended up cutting him and finding him a farm home
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:51 pm

I learned a long time ago that a person can breed and hunt just as good a line of dogs without going to brand name dogs. Do it yourself. I know you have to start somewhere but finish up in your own backyard. If you hunt what you breed it will eventually work.

Return to “Lion Hunting”