Running Catch Dogs

Talk about Hog hunting
nosightsneeded
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Running Catch Dogs

Postby nosightsneeded » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

thanks for the compliments. She is 27 1/2 inches @ the shoulder and right at 98 lbs

She is the Bloom Brothers RIP dog bred to a 3/4 Dogo 1/4 American Bulldog.
Google the Blooms Brothers and your Sure to find RIP videos. Though he is hard to get to my other RCD Pups comes from working Dogs. Here is my Younger pup. He is 8 months old and has been on 4 or 5 pigs. he is 1/2 Pit 1/2 Great dane. So the breeds are available to most but the hard part is to find a dane that isn't too big has drive. As most know Great Danes were bred for Hunting Boar.
Last edited by nosightsneeded on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haynhogdogger
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby haynhogdogger » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah got thier DVD's RIP looks alot like the dogs we hunt here. So im guessing you bred RIP when the brothers came over to the US to do some filming??? Beautiful dog either way Thanks for the background info on the dog.

Aloha!
nosightsneeded
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby nosightsneeded » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:03 pm

She was bred By Cody Weiser but yeah thats when it happened.
dogemdownsouth
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby dogemdownsouth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:49 pm

IT AINT THA SIZE OF THA DOG IN THA FIGHT, ITS THA SIZE OF THA FIGHT IN THA DOG. http://www.dogemdownsouth.com http://dogemdownsouth.smfforfree.com
haynhogdogger
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby haynhogdogger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:14 am

haynhogdogger
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby haynhogdogger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:19 am

Nosightsneeded-

Heres a pic of one of our Airedale crosses:

nosightsneeded
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby nosightsneeded » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

good looking sum buck. People always give you funny looks with the Hairy Dogs.
stevemac
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002530954394

Postby stevemac » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:29 am

fine looking dog you have there nosightneeded, hope she does well for you. recon the hair would come fom a bit of wolfhound blood back a few generations a popular breed to be added to our pig dogs. sight hound crossed with a bit of bull terrier blood is in the background of many pigdogs over here. add a bit of dane/masstiff blood and you have a good mix.

totally agree with you about the RCD's big fast dogs make short chases and quick catches.

hogemdownsouth I can see that you are tying to perserve a huntable population of hogs so you can keep your sport going and good on you. But for us over here it is a totally different as I have stated earlier. An to be honest aussie hunters really could not be bothered to feed a sorry dog that took all day to catch a pig.

good hunting
steve
haynhogdogger
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby haynhogdogger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:00 am

NSN- Here its not so bad with the funny looks as Hairy dogs are very common and sought after LOL!!!

Yeah Steve I believe youre right about the wolfhound blood in the breedings. That was/is a popular breed there in the pig dogs they have nice size to them as well. A friend of mine is contemplating bringing some in to breed with dogs he has now.

The Bull Arab crosses are doing well just about to start the Pure BA pups here soon.

Would love to hunt Australia someday my Dad hunted there in the 90's he loved it.

Great Doggin' to ya!
Dom
nosightsneeded
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby nosightsneeded » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:15 pm

here is how her dad is bred.

haynhogdogger
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby haynhogdogger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:07 pm

NSN- Great bloodlines thats the way to do it in Hawaii we call them "POI" Dogs which just means they are a multiple cross bred dog which is pretty much what most hunters run around here.

Common crosses here in Hawaii include:
Hound (Mostly Walker's,Plotts and Greyhounds with some bluetick and redbone here an there)
Airedale
Bull (Mostly APBT but some other bull breeds as well AB is gaining)
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Bird (Mostly pointers)
BMC
Catahoula
Saluki
Whippet

Happy Doggin'

Dom
stevemac
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002530954394

Postby stevemac » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:54 pm

seems the hawain approach to catching pigs is very simular to our own when it comes to our dogs. What of australia did your father come to the experance can vary quite a bit in different parts of the country.
This is me an my current dogs.
Attachments
Bree hunt nov. 2009 016.jpg
haynhogdogger
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby haynhogdogger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Stevemac- Yes, the approach is VERY similar to your style of hunting just wish we had some flat terrain around here too. I remember him saying something about Adelaide but im not sure if thats where they hunted or just stayed for part of thier trips there.

Beautiful Dogs you got there!
COOTER
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby COOTER » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:24 am

WOW that baby is built like a brick.how is she crossed up. My son has a reg. American Bulldog and is planning a cross on a full blood airdale anyone ever heard of a similar cross and did it work out?
COOTER
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby COOTER » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:18 am

"nosightsneeded" I love the look of your female she has the looks of speed and power and just downright beautiful.What is her breeding looks american bulldog and other breeds thrown in with some wire coated.I want to try hog hunting have all ways had Trigg/Walker cross to hunt bobcats,Fox and Lion with,but thinking about selling out the small game dogs and trying Hog hunting for awhile.Soooo tell me about your breed and maybe I can get started out the right way and not try to reinvent the wheel. thanks frank

Return to “Hog Hunting”