Leopard Hound

Talk about Hog hunting
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 am
Location: Mn
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby Irish Jack » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:33 am

Clue, some would say he was one of the last "true" Leopards

I added this part for David............It will be a good mental exercise for him to answer while trying not to offend someone :D :| :|

Checking on dates he was alive

Jack
Quick23
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 pm
Location: AR
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby Quick23 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:37 am

Irish Jack wrote:Clue, some would say he was one of the last "true" Leopards

I added this part for David............It will be a good mental exercise for him to answer while trying not to offend someone :D :| :|

Checking on dates he was alive

Jack

10-4 i gotcha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#SNS Planned Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Posts: 2290
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby david » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 am

Irish Jack wrote:Clue, some would say he was one of the last "true" Leopards

I added this part for David............It will be a good mental exercise for him to answer while trying not to offend someone :D :| :|

Checking on dates he was alive

Jack


It is hard to admit, but I can’t remember some of that stuff any more.

I want to say that is England’s Little Lep.

I used to have those pictures among my things, but I have jettisoned all my non-essentials in favor of being able to fit all my belongings in my pickup, with plenty of room for a dog or two.

As far as not offending anyone among the leopard people, that is an impossibility. It is why I removed myself from that fellowship long ago, before I even got very far into it. If you think Leopard dogs can be quirky, you should try hanging out with those that breed them.
In both cases, they can’t help it.

I love them and forgive them.

The dogs love me and forgive me back.

And by the way, all those breeders beleive they owned the last true leopard cur. He might even be pulling on that chain out back as we speak.

And many of them will tell you that dog in the picture has way too much hound blood in him to be a true leopard cur.
Last edited by david on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:35 pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Ione Ca.(209)

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby Jeff Eberle » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:19 am

A lot of ear for a cur and low set.
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Posts: 2290
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby david » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:27 am

Jeff Eberle wrote:A lot of ear for a cur and low set.


Probably has a bawl mouth also.

And they will say that is what happened when the registry would not honor the guidelines of the ALCBA.

He is built much like the John Clark dogs which those people had a group aneurism over; objecting to them. (And eventually breeding to them, in many cases).



Poor Quick23,
He’s probably wishing he had never asked about Leopard Hounds.

There are some good ones, Quick23. There are some really good ones. There are plenty that won’t make it also. Like I was told by Doc Rasmussen: a good one will ruin you.

We hope you can find the one you are wanting. I also hope you will connect with Goose to see what he has going on.
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:15 am
Location: The Wild West
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby SASS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 pm

david wrote:It is hard to admit, but I can’t remember some of that stuff any more.

I want to say that is England’s Little Lep.

I used to have those pictures among my things, but I have jettisoned all my non-essentials in favor of being able to fit all my belongings in my pickup, with plenty of room for a dog or two.

As far as not offending anyone among the leopard people, that is an impossibility. It is why I removed myself from that fellowship long ago, before I even got very far into it. If you think Leopard dogs can be quirky, you should try hanging out with those that breed them.
In both cases, they can’t help it.

I love them and forgive them.

The dogs love me and forgive me back.

And by the way, all those breeders beleive they owned the last true leopard cur. He might even be pulling on that chain out back as we speak.

And many of them will tell you that dog in the picture has way too much hound blood in him to be a true leopard cur.


Lol this is so true David. I won't even go any further into that subject because somebody will start crying for sure.

Irish Jack you must be trying to get someone riled up by saying that was the last true leopard hahahaha

Oh and David I am pretty sure you are right that is Englands little lep
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 am
Location: Mn
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby Irish Jack » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:13 pm

"Englands little Lep" you are right

I had a dog that resembled him in every way that was magical, so that is what a good one looks like to me.
I prepared a response last night and realized it was much more in-depth than you were probably looking for. but on the leopard board Mr. Knight has an audio cd of an interview of his father James and Mr. Cliff England which I was listening to last night to try and get some solid dates, but did not.
Not picking at anyone in particular, I just see how hard David tries not to offend ,and how easily that can happen :joker

Maybe Quick 23 could add some of the attributes of the leopard he finds desirable, that may help the - leopard people suggest a particular line.

Jack
dixiehoghunter
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 am
Location: MS

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby dixiehoghunter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:31 am

I run Registered Leps on hogs and have had 5-6 straight McDuffie bred dogs. I have a male right now that is reaching legend status. If you DM me your info and if you're on FB I can add you to the Leopard Hound group. We've caught 211 hogs in 2019. @marlonfarms on Instagram if you want to check it out. I've been through them all and searched far and wide and spent way too much money to find the Leps that suit me. We've got them and have the blood to make the crosses we want. Made a cross a few weeks ago Registered Lep that coon hunts at night and hog hunts during the day. You can call him off a tree or a bay. Really good dog. Should have pups in a month or so. Feel free to DM me and I will shoot you straight on which bloodlines have made the cut hog hunting for us.
dixiehoghunter
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 am
Location: MS

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby dixiehoghunter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:36 am

I was gonna go through the process of sending pics but seems too much for my computer skills. DM me here or on Instagram.
cajunl
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:16 pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Florida

Re: Leopard Hound

Postby cajunl » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:45 pm

pm sent. I would love to hunt with this dog

Return to “Hog Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest