Depredation work

Talk about Hog hunting
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Depredation work

Postby Rossco » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:14 am

For those of you that have done depredation work on pigs, how did you charge? The job I have is in orchards, the pigs are somewhat docile. I plan on just shooting them for a while, then using dogs, and then once they are knocked back and not actually living in the orchards using traps at the entrances to the orchards. The people told me I can keep track of my hours and they will pay me that way, or if I wanted to do it different they would work with me. I am just wanting to make sure it is fair on both ends, they are very good people
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Depredation work

Postby perk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:14 pm

I know a couple people who do nusiance trapping who have a base fee for their work, like setting traps, then charge X amount per animal removed from property. Don’t know If it’s fair but that’s how they charge.
Perk
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Depredation work

Postby macedonia mule man » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 am

If you are trying to run a business, it’s like everything else, set down and figure the complete overhead cost then add about a 10% for surprises that you will have from time to time. Equipment wears out. Then add your profit. That’s the only way to make a living in any kind of business. Don’t be afraid you are too high, never saw a man go out because he was too high. Saw several go out because of operating to cheap. If it’s a side line, don’t charge anything, word will get around and you will always have a place to hunt.

Return to “Hog Hunting”