bear calling

A place to talk about Deer/Elk Hunting and any other BigGame or Small game hunting Without dogs.
KYBoy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bear calling

Postby KYBoy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:47 am

there is going be a bear season for the first time next winter here and after looking at the game laws it look like game calls are the best shot I got to get one I know some use them for bear but I know next to nothing about them so any help you can give on bear calling would be great
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: bear calling

Postby mark » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:37 pm

Just do like Davy Crockett and BignBlue on here do and Grin em down :D
cat hntr
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cat hntr » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:36 am

A fawn in distress call works good .if you can see a bear coming in keep calling till he is where you want him as soon as you stop calling he will stop coming.
AK Zach
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby AK Zach » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 pm

my experience with calling bears is spring time is the best, when they are first coming out of hibernation.....seem to be a lot more interested then..... Also as cat hntr said you have to stay hot in the call. I've had success with rabbit and fawn, just got a Nordic bear call which is a moose calf in distrses, haven't tried it yet.....
Hydro1
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Hydro1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:02 am

I have had more luck spot n stalk hunting that using a call with bears.

If you are going the call route, fawn in distress and rabbit distress work best.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
-Isaac Asimov-
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hillbilly boy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:50 pm

thinks you all the only time we can do it in the winter I know fawn in distress and rabbit are the big ones I don't know if spot n stalk hunting would do for us because the land is a lot of trees and cover just wanted to ask the one that do it what do you look for in a setup

Return to “Other Hunting”