Events?

Holzy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 506927024

Events?

Postby Holzy » Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 pm

R there any hound events in wisconsin i c alot of people talking about them for down south and out west and it sounds like something we should get in on(and maybe we are im new to the sport so maybe i just havnt heard about them).
thanks Mitch
Steve White
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Events?

Postby Steve White » Wed May 09, 2012 8:54 am

If it's bear your looking for. check the WBHA website. A list of the filed trails is there.

http://www.wbha.us.com/events/field-trials/

Coon who knows?
Steve White
White's Woods & Waters
http://www.whiteswoodsandwaters.com
steve@whiteswoodsandwaters.com
715-892-0032
Holzy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Holzy » Wed May 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Steve White
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Steve White » Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 am

There is nothing for bobs that I have ever seen. Not many folks want to run them just to run them. There are always a few yote contests around the state every year, but mostly put on by a local bar. There is one every year around monico or pelican lake. There has been one the last few years up in phelps, but normally dont allow dogs. That I heard of one down by Madison last winter as well.

As for coon. I know there are a bunch of nite hunts held in the southern part of the state. Many are sanctioned through one of the registries. SO those should be easier to find if you are in to that sort of thing.

I don't bother to get wrapped up in the stuff. There is rarely anything in my area to even consider. Now way I will drive 100's of miles to let my dogs chase a bear drag around. Thought about the pelican lake hunt a few times, but even that is a bit far to dry after a day of hunting for a pittance of prize money. 60-70 miles one way. Then have to make 2 trips. One too register, another to weigh in. Won't even waste my time on a fishing tourney if it pays less than 10k.
Steve White
White's Woods & Waters
715-892-0032
Holzy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Holzy » Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 am

You seem pretty big time as far as this goes. Thanks for all the info.
Mitch.
Steve White
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Steve White » Thu May 10, 2012 4:06 am

Mitch, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks bud I really needed that right now. You got me giggling like a school girl right now. After dealing with some local BS for the last 2hrs that was hidden from me until after a town meeting. You put a smile on my face. I will go to bed happy tonight because of you!!

I'm not big time by any means. Just hunt my dogs as much as possible like anyone else. I do try to keep informed about things. Yet, am not better than you or anyone else.

I have no clue about the coon stuff. The stuff that happens at those night hunts would have me in jail real quick for knocking someone out. Predator hunts just are not worth my time mostly. Then as far as bear field trials I see nothing constructive coming from them for my dogs. More of an ego thing for those that can't hunt like I do. My dogs run real bear not drags. No swim races needed. I hunt in the highest concentration of lakes in the world. I know some say it's about the social stuff. But, I would rather be in the woods, or on the water then talk about being there!

Thanks again my friend! I was wound real tight until reading your post!
Steve White
White's Woods & Waters
715-892-0032
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby not color blind » Thu May 10, 2012 11:22 pm

[quote="Steve White"]Mitch, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You got me giggling like a school girl quote]

Steve, I think Mitch's comment to you had everyone 'giggling like school girls' :P .
Holzy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Holzy » Tue May 15, 2012 2:52 am

Hahaha any time i can help just let me know and get what yours saying that its not worth your time. I would rather be out in the woods hunting as well.
robert54843
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby robert54843 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Are there any bear bays in wisconsin? I don't care about the draggs and other b.s. but I do love listening to dogs in a baying contest. I'd like to find one in wisconsin....anything?
wiwalkerman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby wiwalkerman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm

no bear bays laws are to strict for a live bear.

Return to “Wisconsin”