Asses

Talk about Horses and Mules.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Asses

Postby pegleg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Anyone currently riding a jack to hunt or know someone? Just curiosity I know they're slow generally and take some sweet talking but ever once in awhile you get into one of those areas that gets you to thinking
Ker_man
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Asses

Postby Ker_man » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Pegleg, hope you have a sense of humor, things are kind of slow here :D
So....You mentioned Asses.
I haul mine in a Chevy :!:
Machias
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Machias » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 am

In July I sold a 14.2 gelded Jack to a fella in NE WA. Only reason I sold him is my move to Virginia. He's probably put 500+ miles on him so far this fall. He is 7 years old and likes to get out and lead whenever there is a group of riders, mostly saddle mules, but a few horses as well. He's got a super nice personality. I bought him 3 years ago at the Davenport, WA auction for $100. He's now broke to a cart and saddle broke.
Fred Moyer
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 am

Well I have a sense of humor not everyone enjoys it though. I do hope your not referring to your Ol ' lady though! Lol . I have a jack that's broke and can get around at z decent clip and behaves well for a jack and I sure would ride him if he was a hair bigger . I am always impressed by how hardy they are
Dan V
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Dan V » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am

I have very little experience with saddle jacks. But this made me wonder if any of you ride or have rode Hinny's (the off spring of female donkey and stud horse), if so, how did they compare to mules? I watched a documentary of some ranchers down in old Mexico who preferred them to mules in their country.
Machias
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Machias » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Actually a hinny is still considered a mule. We have a couple in our club, they tend to be smaller in size than your average mule, but this is not a hard and fast rule. Side by side, you can't tell a difference although I think most I have seen had slightly smaller ears. personality wise, no difference between them and a regular mule.
Fred Moyer
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:37 am

I have a little hinny my daughter rides she's as confident and cool headed as they come never rode to many but would buy a whole string of bigger ones if they acted the same. Her only fault is she's To easy to keep she gets over weight on feed cows would starve down on
houndsnmules
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby houndsnmules » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:05 am

Jaime
dan kluthe
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dan kluthe » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:13 am

Several years ago, oh! Gosh!, I guess it was 20 years ago - Anyway - I had a large standard blue jack that I rode. I sure wish I had him back. He was smooth and could move on down the road at a nice quick clip.

Return to “Horse/Mule Disscussion”