Box safety in crashes

Share Ideas, Plans and what ever else about kennels and dog Boxes.
kyleds8

Box safety in crashes

Postby kyleds8 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:07 pm

Hey all,

been getting into the dogs to hound hunt here in the mountains of Idaho and wondering what you all think of the safety of dog boxes in crashes? anyone have any experience with it? Had a friend whose dog died with them in a crash last year and since then I've been running Gunner crates, my dogs are important to me, but they're just too expensive and space-consuming to work for a bunch of dogs.

on a another related note, just sold my 2wd tacoma in order to upgrade to a 4wd truck, thoughts on tacoma vs. tundra for hound hunting and life purposes? other rigs to consider? sold in the spring w plans to buy in fall low prices, but given truck prices round here we shall see.

All the best,
Nolte
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Box safety in crashes

Postby Nolte » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Well, can't say I've ever really thought of it but there really ain't a lot of protection in any wood or plastic box. Or if it's even strapped down. Seen a few lower speed rollovers and the dogs came out ok. Best best is probably a welded steel open cage type but the dog will still get slammed.

I do have to say though, last thing on my mind in a crash would be the dogs. I love em but they can be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Return to “Kennels and Dog Boxes”