I'm cornfused

Machias
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

I'm cornfused

Postby Machias » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Howdy guys. I am moving from Eastern WA at the end of Jul to the Fort Belvoir area. Already starting to feel clastrophobic. :) I am used to hunting in northern ID for bear, lion and bobcats. I'm excited to bowhunt whitetails in the hardwoods again since I grew up in Missouri doing that and trapping, coonhunting and squirrel hunting. One thing I will really have to get used to is I've never lived in a place where you could not hunt any day of the week you wanted to. So I have been doing some checking on the whole no Sunday Hunting issue and looking at several hunting sites and it appears to me there is a serious and dangerous rift growing amongst hunters and houndsmen. Other sites I am visiting blame a dog alliance teaming up with HSUS this year to stop a measure that would have allowed Sunday hunting on private land. I highly doubt houndsmen would be teaming up with HSUS for any reason. Can someone explain to me why there is no Sunday hunting and why in the world the dog alliance would be against Sunday hunting if that is indeed the case. Wouldn't you be ticking off the very group of folks who will stand with you to keep hound hunting safe? Set me straight please! Thanks! Fred
Fred Moyer
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: I'm cornfused

Postby Dads dogboy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Fred,

Before you get too worked up, get with one of the locals and find out what "Hunting" is allowed on Sundays and what is not.

Call me for names and phone numbers of GOOD Houndsmen close by you!

Also there are some good trails and Mule Folks close to where you are moving.

But remeber it is a different Culture, to get along, an old adage comes to mind "When in Rome....do as the Romans do".
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
Machias
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: I'm cornfused

Postby Machias » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:21 pm

:wink: Thank you, I appreciate the advice. I'll be in touch! Fred
Fred Moyer

Return to “Virgina”