Bobcat hunting- mike kemp dogs

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Bobcat hunting- mike kemp dogs

Postby rum3002576 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Any updates? Should be getting good
PAhoundhuntr

Re: RE: Re: Bobcat hunting- mike kemp dogs

Postby PAhoundhuntr » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:40 am

Katmandoo wrote:We just started rigging this year. My friends finished dog he got from Mike is a rigging rockstar. My dogs by themselves rigged about a dozen coon of the box this year so its a start. We had about half dozen fox races off the rig but had that finished dog around then. We hunt in snow a lot this time of year now. My 2 treed a cat last week by themselves. What a great race it was cold trailing they logged in 14 miles on garmin and jumped race was twenty minutes it was a great race then treed in a big pine. Had 6 races last week 4 cats and 2 grays everything made it too holes but the cat. I think that was decent i was always told they don’t go in unless pressured. Just started hitting it hard. Races are sounding good and dogs are in shape. My female i got almost died on me Lymes hit her hard after one week of antibiotics she right back to her old self maybe even a little better then I’ve seen her in awhile. Happened like a flip up a switch very scary.
Rigging in PA? Isn't that considered using a vehicle to locate game? I don't think I live too far from you and just got pinched by the commy's for it and also for using my gps, the fella that got me is looking for trucks with dog.boxes just a friendly heads up.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby rum3002576 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 pm

What did he wrote you for? And also what did he fine you for with gps?
Nicole Stark
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: RE: Re: Bobcat hunting- mike kemp dogs

Postby Nicole Stark » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 am

PAhoundhuntr wrote:My female i got almost died on me Lymes hit her hard after one week of antibiotics she right back to her old self maybe even a little better then I’ve seen her in awhile. Happened like a flip up a switch very scary.

This makes me wonder if that guy with the ill Plott might be seeing this in his dog. I assume its something they would have tested for. Just making a mental note to come back to it in case he doesn't see it.
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby rum3002576 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 pm

Well seasons over, how did you make out?
Katmandoo
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Katmandoo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Really good dogs killed 4,treed 1. My season got cut short had to go back to work after the first week. They caught several greys and treed 2. Wish stuff would tree easier. It made me realize the difference between East Coast and out West. Seen a guy post a thing “finally a member of the elite been running cats 15 years dogs caught there first one on the ground he was in Montana. I didn’t want to burst his bubble so I didn’t respond but I’ve walk into three times as many dead cats on the ground then I have trees. Which is too bad cause they would’ve lived if they would’ve climbed. Seems like if they don’t tree in the first half hour they aren’t gonna I don’t get it!?!?
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby rum3002576 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Hows those dogs going this year?
Katmandoo
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Katmandoo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Good got one for a girl the cat weighed 30lbs. Got another that was 33lbs. Toughest year for conditions that I ever seen but dogs did really good. They caught several on the ground again. Wish the damn things would just climb. Ran on a lot of bare frozen ground lots of ice. When we got snow usually crusted up right away. Lucky we didn’t tear the hell out of the dogs but they are tough as hell. I haven’t carried a gun for years and don’t plan on starting.
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby rum3002576 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm

How many Kemp dogs you have?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”