HELLO FROM ONTARIO

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS

HELLO FROM ONTARIO

Postby BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 pm

HEY GUYS GHAD TO SAY GREAT BOARD YOU HAVE HERE, ITS NICE TO BE PART OF IT! AND YOU GUYS IN YOUR POST LITERALLY EAT SLEEP AND HUNT HOUNDS AS A LIFESTYLE!

I HAVE SOME BULLDOGS AND WALKER/BLUETICKS MAINLY, BUT GROUP HUNT WITH FOLKS THAT HAVE REDBONES AND BEAGLES, THERE ARE MANY FOLKS UP HERE WITH SOLID BEAR HOUNDS TOO BLACK&TANS, AND I HAVE A CHANCE TO PURCHASE THIS GYP, BUT WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BEAR DOGS IN GENERAL AND THERE SCHOOLING AND WHATEVER ELSE I NEED TO LEARN.

I HUNT DEER AND COON AS A RULE, DEER WITH THE HOUNDS AND COONS WITH THE BULLDOGS.

WE FEED THE DOGS HERE RAW DIETS. MOSTLY VENISON,BEAVER,RABBIT,BEEF, MOOSE.

BUCK
BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS, CANADIAN GAMEDOGS
Mel

Re: HELLO FROM ONTARIO

Postby Mel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am

Welcome to the site Buck. Always good to see other hound hunters from Ontario on here. What part of the province are you from? I am about 30 minutes south of Ottawa. would like to talk about some of those Black and Tans up your way. Have been looking for a while and you may have something I'd be interested in. You can PM me.

Good Hunting Mark
BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS

Postby BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:32 am

thanks for the welcome! yeah theirs a fellow that has had them. as long as i can remember he has had like 30 of them, he has litters every now and then. he uses them for bear. with the folks that come up from the states he takes Americans out to bear country.

I'm from Lanark County, 30-40 North of Perth. where the bear and the deer are plentiful. :beer .

I've got some;
DAM: Walker/Bluetick X SIRE: Bluetick pups dropping soon. was a breeding i made with a hunting buddies male hound, with my Walker/Bluetick gyp. She has run deer three years in a row. and the sire has 3 yrs under his belt for deer as well.

I had a chance to get this 2yr old bear hound. but haven't made the move to buy here yet, wanted to see what i was getting into first.
Stacer hounds

Postby Stacer hounds » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:08 am

Hey brindle have u and i talked before, i'm from mi. I've been hunting in ontario for the last 5 years with my hounds for bear mainly but have some freinds that i run coyote with over there also. Good hunting
Mel

Postby Mel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Brindle,

Would you have contact information for the B&T man wouldn't mind talking to him to see if he has any plans for a cross.

When are your pups due might be interested in one as I am always looking for a good deer dog. Are they all spoken for.

I live in kemptville where the deer were once plentiful and the bear are starting to make a comeback. Lots of coyotes to chase. Your not that far maybe we could get together one weekend and run those whitetails.

Thanks for your reply Mark
Hounder-
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Hounder- » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Welcome to the site Brindle, lots of great information from some very wise hound hunters here (not me).

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before but how do you guys run hounds in Canada? Isn't there a wolf behind every tree up there? Do you guys lose a lot to wolves?
BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS

Postby BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Im in the 511 hwy of Lanark ontario, bear and deer country, just got my new tags(just moved back from peterbrough) needed new number and location on the collars before running them again. got 6 more being made.

MEL: you a Lee by chance?

Hounder-: we have a fellow trapper that getts a lot of yotes and wollves here too, i haven't hunted with him yet, (Mr.White) he runs mix breds but they work real well with him.

i haven't lost a hound to the wolves yet, seen some picks of some that did tho. but i figured they just didn't run enough dogs in there hunt, numbers help a lot with them i imagine.

when i yote hunted i was out west, the female yote nest under the pyramids of straw bales at the cattle feed lots in alberta, and i always went out to every farm that would let me dog there, slap a 50ft leash on the bulldog and sent a female bulldog in after her, she brings it out and the male bulldog. downs the yote with her. and send the female back in the den. to get the kits. more problem predator hunting than fur trapping methods, but it works and no guns as some farmers prefer.
Mel

Postby Mel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:35 am

Brindle,

Not a Lee, last name is Lewars hunt mostly between North Augusta and Merrickville in WMU 66A. Keep me in mind if your B & T friend makes a cross or wants to move one. I am always in the market for a good Black & Tan. Is he from the Forrester Falls area?

Hounder,

Never lost one to wolves but I am located more south along the Canada/US border and we have more coyotes and very few wolves so it's not really an issue here. Like brindle I usually run 2-3 dogs at a time.

Good Hunting Mark
BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS

Postby BRINDLE HIDE KENNELS » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:09 pm

[list=]HEY GUYS BACK AGAIN GOT MY SELF THAT MALE BLACK&TAN HES AWESOME SO FAR . how do you folks train for certain species. Is there some experts that can help me tran my boy for bear (*he went out 3 times now) I have him on coon now mainly, I'd love to see if guys use dogs for bear and coon (same dog)

WE HAVE 11 bear invading our hunting land. But feed only at night. No night hunts here for bear. Just coon. So I figure train a dog to get them up a tree in day time hours. Or find the bears anyway. I think there feeding off 2 diffrent propertys. Ours and the 2mile away bear hunter that baits them. But they must night feed at our spots (the cameras tell us, @6:30-8:00pm there feeding. But it's dark at 5-5:0 pm here. ,

any ideas??? Season ends on the 30th here[/list]

Return to “Introduce Yourself”