Hello from Sweden!

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Jorgen
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hello from Sweden!

Postby Jorgen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi, My name name is Jorgen and im re-new to this site, have been on it som years ago and now got some time to check back in. I live in Sweden and hunt Brown bear, Lynx, badgers, red fox, mink and pine marten. At the moment i have one plott, three foxhounds and a couple of terriers. This is a good site with lots of info!
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hello from Sweden!

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:47 pm

hello Jorgen glad to have you. it's funny you have American bred hounds and I have personally always admired the hounds available in your area. tell us about your hunting?
fredrikl
Facebook ID: 664773130

Hello from Sweden!

Postby fredrikl » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Hello Jörgen,

This is one more Swede that has a foxhound, a running walker/trigg cross from Finland.

/Fredrik
Jorgen
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Jorgen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Pegleg- Thanks! yep, it might sound a little funny but in my (and i guess the others as well) case it is because scandinavians have bred away from grit and guts for +20 years since we had no big predators for a long period of time.

Fredrik- Were do you live and are you on the swedish foxhound forum?
fredrikl
Facebook ID: 664773130

Postby fredrikl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 am

Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Lynxhunter » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 am

Hi there Jorgen!

A Norwegian on the site here.
I'm Norm on the Svedish foxhoundforum.

Hans
"I'd like to tell you 'bout a known bunch of foxhounds I've got. Ol' Rain, ol' Tiger n' ol' Rover. When we started out 'cross them Georgia hills huntin' them foxes, it sounded somethin' like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syc3jKGffHQ"

Shorty Medlocke
Paul Conway
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Paul Conway » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:53 pm

welcome Jorgen andd all you folks from across the sea. What are you using to track you hounds. I know tracker makes a gps system that is used over your way. I am curious as to whether you use it and if not what you are tracking your hounds with. Also what are you running with what hounds?

As an aside, I did not get an ivitation to the upcoming royal wedding, any of you folks that live just north of England get one. :D Paul Conway
Jorgen
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Jorgen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks! I use Garmin astro..! :) Tracker makes a gps tracker that needs cell-phone coverage, as long as you have that the range is unlimited but you dont get the live updates as in the garmin. Hard to say wich is the best, but garmin is so FUN..! Its my best toy ever! :) I use a plott and foxhounds for bear, badgers and marten. For fox and lynx i use only the foxhounds and the terriers are for underground activitys..! Thought about posting some pics, but havent really figured out in what section to post em. Never got an invitation to the royal wedding even though i have seen the prince on a hunt once, when they hunted birds that i had raised... Really think i deserved and invitation for that... :wink:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”